Your Opinion (1 Viewer)

Truly_bored

HSC
Hey Just wanted ur opinion....
My UAI was just above the cut-off for B Nursing at USyd.....Do u think i have a chance of getting into it...even if I don't have assumed knowledge of Chem, Bio of PDHPE.....would they be that slack as to not offer me a place???? I really want to do nursing and hope i get in????

David27

Assumed knowledge is nice to have, but it is not deemed compulsory. They'd advise you do a bridging course before semester to bring you up to speed if you wish.
You should get in if your mark is above the cut off. Interestingly, nursing has no vancancies in USYD this year after initial offers. First time ever, I think. Of course vacancies may arise if initial offers are not accepted.

David27

Yes, you are in. Funny,from what I read, everyone bags the USYD nursing faculty! Some say it's all theory and not enough practical. Then again, if you like theory.......

Truly_bored

HSC
Issert....USyd....neva knew that Usyd would be that popular....well i guess it is because of its reputation and all....but i didn't realise how increasingly popular nursing is becoming....

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
True, but from what Nurses have told me, Sydney is the worst place to do a Nursing degree. UTS is the best metro, CSU is really good too, esp. if you plan on going into rural nursing - Wollongong, UWS ect are all pretty good as well. But Sydney is too academically orientated, they like to fail people all the time, and aren't too good in the way of pracs - which you really really need...

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Originally posted by White Rabbit
True, but from what Nurses have told me, Sydney is the worst place to do a Nursing degree. UTS is the best metro, CSU is really good too, esp. if you plan on going into rural nursing - Wollongong, UWS ect are all pretty good as well. But Sydney is too academically orientated, they like to fail people all the time, and aren't too good in the way of pracs - which you really really need...
does pracs mean like doing stuff on dead bodies? :S

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
LOL LOL - nah, I mean in Hopsital Pracs. Sydney people apparently don't spend as much time putting theory into practice, where as other Uni's do.

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Yeh, assume knowledge is well... assumed.
Thats why there are bridging courses around...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)