your interpretations plz! (advanced english) (1 Viewer)

porquoispas

HSC
hey all,

I have an english assessment task where i have to write a speech on change with reference to the quote:

"Change is the process by which the future invades our lives"

i kinda have an idea of what the quote means but i want to see how you guys interpret it 2 get some ideas...

Thanks 4 ur time

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Your future in determine by the changes that occur to you in the present time.

ellen.louise

HSC
hahaha change!!!

what are your texts? knowing would help me to interpret the question in a way that helps you.

basically though, the question is saying that it's through change that we advance into the future and move forward in our lives. also, what kind of change is your AOS?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Through the process of personal growth, that derives from the changes we make in our character, it will help us develop what and where we will be in the future.

Basically, you can interpret the quote whichever way you want, as long as you're able to write a persuasive and coherent argument, which clearly demonstrates your knowledge of the process of change.

Last edited:

porquoispas

HSC
thanks 4 the interpretations :)

the actual task is

with reference to the quote write a speech on how the concept of change is revealed in two of slessors poems and one related text.

i'm doing wild grapes and north country and the change in them is environmental change.

i'm kinda stuck on the structure of the speech because i have to relate the 3 texts as well as demonstrate change in them.

i was thinking that i should find common themes in the 3 texts and write about how they indicate change and the techniques.. Any ideas?

Thanks again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)