Your Fitness Routine (1 Viewer)

Miliux

Livin' in Amsterdam
HSC
Post your fitness routine here. Just want to see others for some ideas. I change my routine every 2 months overall, and adjust it slightly every week.

Day 1:
Bench Press 8rep3set 85kg+​
Incline Bench press 8rep3set 75kg+​
Dumbbell Press 7rep3set 32kgx2​
Flies 8rep4set 14kgx2​
Note:If, reach 8rep, add more rep till 5 rep max​

Day 2:
Biceps Bar Curl 8rep4set
Hammer Curl 8rep4set
Narrow Grip Biceps Curl 8rep4set​
Reverse GripNarrow Grip Biceps Curl 8rep4set​
Squats 8rep4set​

Day 3
Cardio 70% Heart Rate BPM Max for 1.5hr​

Day 4
Lying Bar Triceps Extension 8rep4set 55kg​
Cable Triceps Extension 7rep3set 65kg​
Squats 8rep4set​
Deadlifts 6rep3set​
Leg Curls 8rep4set
Leg Press 8rep3set

Day 5
Lats Pull Down 8rep4set
Seated Low Row 8rep4set
Barbell Pullover 6rep3set​
Shoulder Bar Raise 7rep4set​
Deadlifts 6rep3set​

Superset

YO!

Banned
HSC
This guy is pretty strong.

Send me some of the good stuff from Amsterdam!

Mumma

HSC
Pace_T said:
um.. 16 sets for biceps???
Where does it say that?

edit: oh right, the day 2 super set followed by the other two ... yeah that's pretty ridiculous lol.

I alternate between these two work outs, three times a week. Done at home.

A
Squat 5x5
Deadlift 5x5
Overhead Press 5x5
3 sets of dips till failure

B
Squat 5x5
Barbell Rows 5x5
Bench press 5x5
Alternate between chin-ups and pull-ups , 3 sets to failure

Yeah, its pretty much just the Stronglifts routine. Might replace the overhead press with the clean and press (currently I start the weight on my power rack at shoulder level). Will eventually move down to less sets as weights get heavier to allow for more intensity.

Last edited:

Miliux

Livin' in Amsterdam
HSC
YO! said:
This guy is pretty strong.

Send me some of the good stuff from Amsterdam!
I can only bench press around 90. No big deal. I'm sure heaps can do that.

But can't bring stuff to Sydney when flying via. Singapore. Death penalty in pots.

YO!

Banned
HSC
Miliux said:
I can only bench press around 90. No big deal. I'm sure heaps can do that.

But can't bring stuff to Sydney when flying via. Singapore. Death penalty in pots.
The most I've ever benched is 81 kg and I only did 1 rep. I guess it's good sinse I'm only 17 years old.

LOL about the pot. Fucking Singaporians.

Miliux

Livin' in Amsterdam
HSC
I usually add around 2.5kg every week to my bench press. I tend to get stronger quicker if i do 5, 6, 8 weekly routine. I hate doing 12rep.

Nat3skiz

HSC
YO! said:
The most I've ever benched is 81 kg and I only did 1 rep. I guess it's good sinse I'm only 17 years old.

LOL about the pot. Fucking Singaporians.
Thats a fair effort, if you don't bench much.

historykidd

HSC
Mumma said:

A
Squat 5x5
Deadlift 5x5
Overhead Press 5x5

B
Squat 5x5
Barbell Rows 5x5
Bench press 5x5
:)

fullonoob

fail engrish? unpossible!
HSC
Miliux said:
Post your fitness routine here. Just want to see others for some ideas. I change my routine every 2 months overall, and adjust it slightly every week.

Day 1:
Bench Press 8rep3set 85kg+​
Incline Bench press 8rep3set 75kg+​
Dumbbell Press 7rep3set 32kgx2​
Flies 8rep4set 14kgx2​
Note:If, reach 8rep, add more rep till 5 rep max​

Day 2:
Biceps Bar Curl 8rep4set
Hammer Curl 8rep4set
Narrow Grip Biceps Curl 8rep4set​
Reverse GripNarrow Grip Biceps Curl 8rep4set​
Squats 8rep4set​

Day 3
Cardio 70% Heart Rate BPM Max for 1.5hr​

Day 4
Lying Bar Triceps Extension 8rep4set 55kg​
Cable Triceps Extension 7rep3set 65kg​
Squats 8rep4set​
Deadlifts 6rep3set​
Leg Curls 8rep4set
Leg Press 8rep3set

Day 5
Lats Pull Down 8rep4set
Seated Low Row 8rep4set
Barbell Pullover 6rep3set​
Shoulder Bar Raise 7rep4set​
Deadlifts 6rep3set​

Superset
ummm...i do 40 pushups every day in morning...b4 i go school
(jst started a wk ago)
i do extra 5 every 1-3wks (planning)
i use to b able to do arnd 100
need microtears to heal or no point:D

Nat3skiz

HSC
fullonoob said:
ummm...i do 40 pushups every day in morning...b4 i go school
(jst started a wk ago)
i do extra 5 every 1-3wks (planning)
i use to b able to do arnd 100
need microtears to heal or no point:D
why only the push ups?

NinjaSauce

HSC
Mumma said:

A
Squat 5x5
Deadlift 5x5
Overhead Press 5x5

B
Squat 5x5
Barbell Rows 5x5
Bench press 5x5

Yeah, its pretty much just the Stronglifts routine. Might replace the overhead press with the clean and press (currently I start the weight on my power rack at shoulder level). Will eventually move down to less sets as weights get heavier to allow for more intensity.
You're doing too many deadlifts. I mean, Do what you can handle, i've done 8 sets of 3 twice a week, but the strong lifts routine only calls for 1x5 in the deadlifts.

Even though you can handle the 5x5 deadlifts, you may want to consider the 1x5, and go heavier?

Anyways, its a solid routine. But i DO NOT RECOMMEND PEOPLE DO IT. - why? You're stealing my squat rack! :p :p :p :p :p

Pace_T

HSC
hey do you guys think i need one of those belt things for squads and deadlifts?? i dont want to get a hernia lol. i think thats what its called anyway. :s

also i read a few articles on the net but i didnt end up finding the answer: for cardio what is recommended for post w/o?? protein and simple carbs?
never cut before >_<

Mumma

HSC
NinjaSauce said:
You're doing too many deadlifts. I mean, Do what you can handle, i've done 8 sets of 3 twice a week, but the strong lifts routine only calls for 1x5 in the deadlifts.

Even though you can handle the 5x5 deadlifts, you may want to consider the 1x5, and go heavier?

Anyways, its a solid routine. But i DO NOT RECOMMEND PEOPLE DO IT. - why? You're stealing my squat rack! :p :p :p :p :p
Sorry, that was meant to be 3x5 :p Actually now its 1x5 since it is getting very tiring as the weights go up. My 1RM is something like 75-80kg .. anything higher and it wont budge unless I use an alternating grip for each hand (and my technique is poor). I've been working out for around 3 weeks now.

I need to replace one of them with power cleans, but I dunno which one. Alternate with the over head press maybe? Since I progress so incredibly slowly on that exercise. Or maybe clean and press ... ?

I don't use a belt for deadlifting/squatting, though I don't lift super-heavy yet. Don't use a lift for training when you first start out, since you want to develop your core. To be honest I really have little idea on belts, StrongLifts suggests to never use them though many powerlifters would suggest otherwise. Correct technique is always of prime importance.

Last edited:

NinjaSauce

HSC
For using a belt, there are good arguments on both sides. And there is also the 'middle-ground' of not wearing one until you get above 85-90%, depending on what your top weight is.

I never wore one, but... I haven't trained in 6 weeks! Recovering from a very minor bulging disk in my back, which i have had for a looooong time, but worked around it. It has just suddenly become very evil on me (we think, see below).

Though, grain of salt, my chiro has made my back super-duper straight and happy, and i still have sciatica (pains associated with a bulging disk in lower back, etc, etc) which means it is probably NOT the bulging disk that did the pain (many people have bulging disks, but they do not effect you negatively) and maybe muscular, or my hips, etc..

---------------------------

Mumma:

I personally would recommend the 1x5. and let go + stand up between EVERY rep, settle yourself, and go for the next. (rest-pause).

This will allow you to become more comfortable with heavier weights, and when you do reach very heavy weights, you'll probably end up training singles anyway! When i was healthy and training, i was pulling 5-8 singles, then dropping 20-25% of the weight and doing some more 'pump' sets (3-5 reps).

I have never done squats and deadlifts in the same session - so i do not know the effect on each other.

As for cleans, you could:

1. Alternate cleans and deadlifts (deadlifts are CNS draining, BUT at your level, this is not an issue). This is because they are both 'pulls'.

2. Clean before pressing. If once a set, you get 5-10 cleans a week. Or, clean before EVERY REP. which will give you 25-50 a week. I used to do high volume clean (every rep) and press and enjoyed it very much! You get a little rest between reps when you put the bar down (good thing, we are going for total reps, doesn't matter if you do 25 singles), and multiple stimulus of a pull and push on the muscles. Fun times. My shoulders blew up when i did this with high volume kettlebell clean+press (with KBs, i never touched the bell to the ground though, i swung it between my legs).

Fun times!

Nat3skiz

HSC
Alot of my training routine revolves around boxing, so i'm thinking that i should cut out all bicep work altogether. Is this wise? because i don't see the role the bicep muscle plays in the sport.

quik.

HSC
Just on the squats/deads in same session...

Whichever you do first is going to negatively affect the other, moreso the shorter your rest periods. It's not necessarily a bad combination, high rep squats with a good arch + deads will get a wicked lower back pump going, but I ended up doing deads on back day. If you're doing romanian/SL for hams then doing them on leg day with squats would be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)