• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Your Cricket Thread (1 Viewer)

martin88

HSC
N/A
186 at 15.5

other then one big score it's been pretty disappointing.... feeling in better touch after the Christmas break though, so hopefully ill rack up some runs in the last few games, and maybe the semi's if we get there

similar situation with the bowling.... slow start to the year but have got a few wickets in the last few games

team wise is up and down..... lost more then we have won, but haven't really lost a game by much at all

won 2 on the trot though so could still make the semi's if we continue doing well

BlackDragon

HSC
I haven't played in so long. I miss it so much.

I used to bowl first change (Right arm, medium fast, got a bit of swing, good at bowling at the death) and bat around four or five. (ahh the good old Gilly-esque hit over mid wicket :))

Last edited:

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
I wanna give cricket a go, didn't get a chance to play in high school (backyard and beach cricket is as far as i got). You reckon local clubs or indoor cricket clubs give newbies a go? :p

bos1234

HSC
724 in 10 innigs.. and some 22 wickets in in 15 overs (3rd grade)

This cricket is too easy. Im moving to 2nd grade wests next week

BlackDragon

HSC
goony said:
I wanna give cricket a go, didn't get a chance to play in high school (backyard and beach cricket is as far as i got). You reckon local clubs or indoor cricket clubs give newbies a go? :p

umm. it depends how good you are. if you haven't mastered the basics then you probably won't even be good enough for something like 3rd grade. just get some of your mates (or anyone you know) who does play cricket and they'll be able to tell you whether you absolutely crappo or might stand a chance. if you are absolutely crappo just play with them for a while till you learn what you need to learn and have the basics covered. after that its all systems go! the more you play the better you'll be!

aj_number_10

HSC
bos1234 said:
724 in 10 innigs.. and some 22 wickets in in 15 overs (3rd grade)

This cricket is too easy. Im moving to 2nd grade wests next week
Who are you brother?
If your talking Sydney Grade we play you in 2 games..

sk1001

HSC
Last week I took 8/3 and got the winning runs with 38 n.o.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
haven't played in AGES.
but well, my side has a new recruit, and he's a damn good batsman. scored 47 off 4 overs. damn, we're gonna WIN ALOT OF GAMES. :)

bos1234

HSC
aj_number_10 said:
Who are you brother?
If your talking Sydney Grade we play you in 2 games..
ur a female.
do u play in male comp?

HSC
bos1234 said:
ur a female.
do u play in male comp?
are you suprised that females like cricket? im a female too *gasp*, i play in male comp with U16's that dad coaches cuz girls are allowed to play down a year. I also play in sydney womens comp 2nd grade. my battings gone down the shitter but my bowlings ok.

bos1234

HSC
no im NOT suprised. But it would be a supirse if a female was playing 2nd grade with mens

VERY suprised

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Gotta be impressed with Mohamed Yacob - bowled to Gilchrist in the nets, and Roebuck has written quite bit on him.

I played against him once - just amazing to see how we moved around with just one leg, how he batted, fielded and bowled. Its good to see that he still playing, obviously enjoys his cricket.

bos1234

HSC
good.

im coming in 4 or 5 down and 1st or 2nd change bowler

Are you the drinks carrier?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)