You *know* you're a physics nerd when... (1 Viewer)

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
  • The idea of doing hours of Physics questions fills you with excitement and not dread.
  • You read Wikipedia on an unrelated topic and find yourself perusing physics topics nonetheless.
  • You push a trolley around a supermarket and envisage the vector forces acting on the trolley in order to make go in the direction of motion.
  • You find yourself holding a shoe on the end of a shoelace in a moving train in order to test an inertial and non-inertial frame of reference.
  • You walk past a book store and end up in the physics section throwing caution to the wind and purchasing a couple of astronomy books (just for the hell of it).
  • You can successfully argue that maths is only a tool for physicists and a means to an end.

Last edited:

Season

HSC
You describe to your friends how you will kill your ex using the principles of newtons laws of motion

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
:D You spend over an hour looking for that really good physics joke you once heard...

You 'comfort' your friends after a test by telling them:
f3nr15 said:
failing depends on your frame of reference
And they snappily reply:
~shinigami~ said:
Yeah, getting less than 50% just doesn't feel as bad when you're in an inertial frame of reference.
Only to be corrected by another friend:
jaaaay said:
no time, lenght, mass ... MARKS; like Einstein said are ALL RELATIVE!!!
:) .: you *know* your group are a bunch of physics nerds :rofl:

Edit: Some of this is from memory coz I think the Mods deleted some of this as spam (ie jaaaay's reply) :)

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
You think it's cool to greet your friends by gesturing them with the 'right-hand push rule'/'right-hand palm rule.'

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
You donate your time to come to BOS and share information with other Physics nerds.

idling fire

HSC
You're trying to squeeze your way through a crowd and all you can think is "damn resistance, next time I'm going through a conductor."

zagga20

HSC
f3nr15 said:
I'm an extreme nerd I know pi to 3 decimal places and Physics is easy anyone can be a nerd at it.
3 decimal places is NOTHING!
nerd is when you have a little rhyme to remember it to 5 decimal places (which i stole from 3rd rock from the sun =\)

SIN! SIN! COSINE SINE!
3 point 1 4 1 5 9

then you just add 2654 to the end of it for 9 decimal places...

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
f3nr15 said:
So men and women why don't we set up a little physics club/cult because we physicists deserver all the recognition we can get.
Isn't that what this thread's for? :rofl:

jaaaaay

HSC
You spend over an hour looking for that really good physics joke you once heard...

You 'comfort' your friends after a test by telling them:

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by f3nr15
failing depends on your frame of reference
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

And they snappily reply:

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by ~shinigami~
Yeah, getting less than 50% just doesn't feel as bad when you're in an inertial frame of reference.

Only to be corrected by another friend:

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by jaaaay
no time, lenght, mass ... MARKS; like Einstein said are ALL RELATIVE!!!

.: you *know* your group are a bunch of physics nerds

Edit: Some of this is from memory coz I think the Mods deleted some of this as spam (ie jaaaay's reply)
jaaaaay's reply xD (five A's... haha)
but good memory, yea i'm pretty sure i mentioned einstein's theory of relativity... why did the mods delete it? its not that spammy is it? haha...

oh and you know you're a physics nerd when...
you start giving your non-physics friends mini-lectures on projectile motion despite many attempts to shut you up... even trying to gag you with food o_O

HSC
N/A
When you tell people not to go on the grass in Mario Kart because it has a higher coefficient of friction.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
vulgarfraction said:
When you tell people not to go on the grass in Mario Kart because it has a higher coefficient of friction.
Fsmax=u x N

Having a competition between friends trying to throw a ball into bin. I tired using projectile motion calculation but realise its inpratical:rofl:

HSC
N/A
z600 said:
Fsmax=u x N

Having a competition between friends trying to throw a ball into bin. I tired using projectile motion calculation but realise its inpratical:rofl:
I remember a while ago when prefects were making a sort of skit called "Brain vs Brawn" in a multimedia presentation, and they had one group looking mean and chucking soccer balls blindly at the other group who just dodged. The nerdy looking group had calculators and textbooks out, carefully measuring angles to throw the balls at, while the Brawn people just looked at them going 'wtf', and then suddenly several soccer balls come out of nowhere and hit them smack bang.

Projectile motion, baby. Reminds me of that. xD

k_stroud22

UAI 2006 83.70
HSC
When you tell 'the Chaser' about the physics of elevating a bowling ball with a vacuum cleaner (yes it can be done!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)