You *know* you're a chemistry nerd when... (1 Viewer)

salco

wooop!
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
Tsktsk.

We used to open up the gas tubes, and put the lighter in front of it. You get a flame over 50 cm long just shooting in one direction. AND THEN we used to 'experiment' flame tests ;) Haha. :D

O M G

wow

why did i not think of that?!

only one more chemistry double for "experiments"

i shall miss it..

do you reckon you could still do such things in uni labs?

:p anymore fabulous ideas?

beentherdunthat

HSC
salco said:
O M G

wow

why did i not think of that?!

only one more chemistry double for "experiments"

i shall miss it..

do you reckon you could still do such things in uni labs?

:p anymore fabulous ideas?
lol. 1) Make sure no-one is standing in front of the gas taps. And make sure you get someone who isn't scared of the flame. Coz once the flame comes out, it's pretty big.

2) Other ideas. hmmm.. Well, always mix chemicals is a good idea. LOL. We used to come up with the best stuff. LoL. But be careful.Once, We set the beaker on FIRE. LOL. The lab assistant was just going WTF, standing like 100m's away, and my best friend walks up and blows it out. Hehe. :D

ashraf91

HSC
u noe ur a chemistry nerd wen u can correct ur teacher on sumfin simple and stupid but forgetable lol
beenderdunthat
i like ur subjects, nxt term ill be like u, cept change accelerated bio wit normal physics
gud luck with hsc, oh btw wat did u get in ur 2unit hsc wen u done it

Last edited:

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
mmhmm .....

my chemistry class is so weird.... we come up with the most impractical solutions to the worlds problems.........

eg1) somebody reasoned that we should speed up global warming by placing heaters at the south pole

eg2) "Miss if Ozone is bad in the troposphere, why cant they use big fans to place it in the stratosphere"

eg3) Miss if you do electrolysis on sea water do you get fresh water?

Im gana miss these chemistry days........ every single period is so fun.......
good times :)

beentherdunthat

HSC
beentherdunthat said:
lol. 1) Make sure no-one is standing in front of the gas taps. And make sure you get someone who isn't scared of the flame. Coz once the flame comes out, it's pretty big.

2) Other ideas. hmmm.. Well, always mix chemicals is a good idea. LOL. We used to come up with the best stuff. LoL. But be careful.Once, We set the beaker on FIRE. LOL. The lab assistant was just going WTF, standing like 100m's away, and my best friend walks up and blows it out. Hehe. :D
lol. Hey, I actually got a pic ;) Lookies. (That's the lab assistants hand- :D)

salco

wooop!
HSC
wrxsti said:
mmhmm .....

my chemistry class is so weird.... we come up with the most impractical solutions to the worlds problems.........

eg1) somebody reasoned that we should speed up global warming by placing heaters at the south pole

eg2) "Miss if Ozone is bad in the troposphere, why cant they use big fans to place it in the stratosphere"

eg3) Miss if you do electrolysis on sea water do you get fresh water?

Im gana miss these chemistry days........ every single period is so fun.......
good times :)

hehe am rather sure that all of those hav been brought up in my class too lol

... beentherdunthatyou are my hero :)

amzzy9

HSC
when you've completely finished your notes for all topics and the class has only just got up to the second topic

when you look up chemistry jokes on the internet

amzzy9

HSC
when you go to SCIENCE CAMP in the holidays!!!!!!

amzzy9

HSC
sad to say, i actually have looked up chemistry jokes on the internet, theyre sooo gay, i was wetting my pants!!!
i know what youre thinking, and i totally agree, im SOO cool!!

amzzy9

HSC
when you study the periodic table in your free time!!!
when you go through the periodic table and highlight the elements that exsist in our bodies naturally!!

sgw31

HSC
When you draw pictures of your chem teacher and post them on other peoples walls

HE LOVES ME NOT U ....
I can't believe i'm writing on one of these

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
When you tried to make your initials out of symbols from the Periodic Table of Elements

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
your girlfriend comments: 'Nice flowers', you: 'Nice esters'

Last edited:

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
- When your halfway home from school and you realise that you still have safety glasses on your head

- When you spend your end of year chemistry party making sherbet, and then on a sugar high pour all the bicarbonate soda and citric acid into the sink, turn on the tap and watch if fizz like crazy

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
When you are eating an orange you realise its ester formula, and also that its sour is from the acidic properties...which are produced by the donation of a proton to form a hydronium ion.

...phew

kooltrainer

HSC
when u look at the back of soft drinks for their concentrations and nods with satisfaction

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
you find yourself thinking just how much sodium and water would be needed to blow down a wall, and actually knowing the answer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)