You guys do realise... (1 Viewer)

ccc123

HSC
Ok.

Before you all attack me with

OMG let people get UAI estimates that's why they are called estimates!!! What difference does it make to you ...

bla bla bla

You guys do realise that there is basically no point to seeking estimates from a largely uninformed and essentially clueless (no offence) group of students. If you really do just want a random guess, post up by all means, but if you want a 'reliable' UAI estimate, going to your careers advisor will most likely give you a better idea. Or, on the 20th (?) Dec we will all know for sure :)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: You guys do realise...

OMG let people get UAI estimates that's why they are called estimates!!! What difference does it make to you ...

Just.Snaz

HSC
Some people need reassurance that what they're doing is right. It's a bit like a confidence booster. Or sometimes people want straightforward results like "if I do this, I get this". And if people see that the marks/ranks they're getting isn't good enough for their UAI aim then they put in more effort.

It's all psychological really...

EDIT: also, people are curious.

Last edited:

runnable

HSC
Some careers advisors, like mine, do not give uai estimates.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
yeahhh. my dep principal gives us uai estimates. i don't take any notice of them. sometimes they affect my performance (e.g. now)

me121

Premium Member
HSC
ccc123 said:
Ok.

bla bla bla

You guys do realise that there is basically no point to seeking estimates from a largely uninformed and essentially clueless (no offence) group of students. If you really do just want a random guess, post up by all means, but if you want a 'reliable' UAI estimate, going to your careers advisor will most likely give you a better idea. Or, on the 20th (?) Dec we will all know for sure :)
hahahahha. yes i agree. and i gave up telling everyone who posted for an estimate this because there are like 10 posts a day asking for an estimate..

runnable said:
Some careers advisors, like mine, do not give uai estimates.
that's what asking your class teacher and using SAM is for.....

Boxes

Banned
HSC
totally agree with you ccc! i tried telling tommykins and runnable that they don't know wtf they are on about when giving uai estimations, and all that did was get my head bitten off.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Some career advisers, like mine, are like the OP.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Boxes said:
totally agree with you ccc! i tried telling tommykins and runnable that they don't know wtf they are on about when giving uai estimations, and all that did was get my head bitten off.
Interestingly enough, you gave your own estimates.

Nice job hypocrite.

runnable

HSC
me121 said:
that's what asking your class teacher and using SAM is for.....
But again, some teachers, like mine, do not tell us what they think we can get as a HSC Mark.

runnable

HSC
Boxes said:

I don't see whats wrong with UAI Estimates. Demand and supply. Some people do not have a good idea but others do know quite a bit about scaling and UAIs. And it will also be up to the person asking for the estimate to make a judgment or ask for clarification.

berna007

HSC
hey thats truee..the people here are not reliable at all..no offence

i do very challenging subjects and im going very well in them..and once i asked for an estimation and someone gave me 70s..i was so worried so i went to my teacher and asked them to give me an estimate and they said def above 90..

so theres no point in asking for an estimate coz face it, people here are NOT smarter than you lol..most people are in year 12 just like you.

Black Hawker

HSC
ccc123 said:
Ok.

bla bla bla

Yeah, I already got estimate from advisor. Just wanted to see what people from BoS would have given. They were fairly close.

Advisor Est: 88 - 93
BoS: Mid to hight 80's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)