You guys are thinking too generally with your texts! :( (1 Viewer)

Sewwy

HSC
Rather than just picking movies, books and songs, try picking things like TV ads or magazine ads, comic strips from newspapers, political comics.

:) I hope this opens your horizons for Imaginative Journey possibilities!

PrincessAshee

HSC
I'd thought of that, but okay, so i have to do a speech, and i can't exactly quote a movie poster or a magazine ad or anything so i'm kinda having to assume that people know what i'm talking about while i pick it apart.

Sewwy

HSC
PrincessAshee said:
I'd thought of that, but okay, so i have to do a speech, and i can't exactly quote a movie poster or a magazine ad or anything so i'm kinda having to assume that people know what i'm talking about while i pick it apart.

That's just it: You can. You can use paintings, posters, anything! there doesnt need to be words on it in order to analyse it.

If you're doing a poster, think about the colours, the emotions of the characters on the poster - if there's no characters, think about what's being portrayed, where on the poster it is, and think about the vectors (The lines that the eye follows) and how it adds meaning to the imaginative journey.

Remember that it's not all about quotes. :p Markers love techniques! :)

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
PrincessAshee said:
if your doing a speech, perhaps present the actual movie poster or magazine ad on a stand when you do the presentation, or do a powerpoint presentation.

ang3licjuliet

HSC
ok mr/miss ::: related texts>>>u suggest us to pick something out of the mainstream...i decided a music clip i found one until someone told me it was about physical journey rather than IMAGINARY::: can u think of one???

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
ang3licjuliet said:
ok mr/miss ::: related texts>>>u suggest us to pick something out of the mainstream...i decided a music clip i found one until someone told me it was about physical journey rather than IMAGINARY::: can u think of one???
maybe u would like to try a flash animation...? brilliant combination of text and movement! LOL

maybe a magazine ad?

maybe an artwork? escher, dali, picasso comes to mind...

Addictd2

HSC
ang3licjuliet said:
Most texts overlap in types of journeys. inner journeys are also imaginary as they are both part of the mind, and fantasy novels depict a physical journey of slaying a dragon or whatever but are imaginary as these worlds don't exist. as long as there are distinct parts that make it imaginary and you can discuss them i dont see why you cant use it.

um somewhere i belong-linkin park seems pretty imaginary because alot of the images are from their art i think. like those elephant things and him sinking into the bed of flames

i cant think of ne else

Sam.

bored.
HSC
I wanted to do the car ad for the RTA for my past assessment task, but had already finished it by the time I thought of it.

It's the ad where the guy is bopping along to Stumblin' and crashes into another car on a bend. It's a great text, because you can analyse all the techniques used in the beginning (zooming, music, camera angles and pace), as well as clearly indicate audience (young males in particular) and purpose (to advise this age group against the dangers of speeding). The text is based in reality, and that is also part of its purpose. The audience is swept away on an imaginative journey, alongside this guy who is having a great time speeding away down a country road, and is then shown the effects of such an action in reality.

TV ads are a really good medium to analyse, cause if you think about it, really all ads are short imaginative journeys. Not in the view of the characters, but in terms of the audience being taken on a journey. I mean, come on, kids climbing out of their frozen adult bodies to go look for fatty Maccas foods can't be considered an imaginative journey? I certainly don't see that happening in real life.

Too bad I didn't have time to write about the ad, but Sewwy's right, it's a great idea to choose text types other than films, novels, plays and poems. It can get you much better marks as well, purely because it's something different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)