You comp students (1 Viewer)

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
anyone here know how to get GHCI working in Xemacs ? (Windows XP). I've seen my lecturer have it working in linux, but the compile button wont work in Xemacs on Winxp. i've got both programs working seperately.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Quite honestly I don't think using emacs with ghci is worth the effort. I'd much prefer just using context normally with it and alt tabbing around.

(though what you want can be done)

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
Probably because xemacs sucks as a port :p. I agree with sunny.. it's not worth the effort..

btw what comp are you in? 1011 or 1711? because I never saw Richard using linux in front of the class..

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
don't bother :) it won't be that useful IMO.

mp3mojo

similar Q...
anyone knows how to install nedit onto a mac? & also how to get gcc working on mac. thnx :)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by mp3mojo
similar Q...
anyone knows how to install nedit onto a mac? & also how to get gcc working on mac. thnx :)
To install nedit you will need X11 (already installed if you have 10.3). Not sure where you can download it ...

gcc is already there! Just bring up a "Terminal" window and type "gcc <filename>" like you would in UNIX. NB: I assume your using MacOSX ...

mp3mojo

Originally posted by McLake
To install nedit you will need X11 (already installed if you have 10.3). Not sure where you can download it ...

gcc is already there! Just bring up a "Terminal" window and type "gcc <filename>" like you would in UNIX. NB: I assume your using MacOSX ...
what's X11?

yeah i'm using a MacOSX, gcc doesnt always work though - esp when programs gets complicated... i get this 'bus error'...

thnx

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
what's X11?

yeah i'm using a MacOSX, gcc doesnt always work though - esp when programs gets complicated... i get this 'bus error'...

thnx
Do you have 10.3? If you do you already have X11.

If you have 10.2 or earlier then you will need to download it. X11 is a windows manager, it allows you to run LINUX apps on your Mac. Download it from the Apple website.

"Bus Error" is because your program is incorrect. Try a simple program (such as "hello world") because gcc should work fine (unless you are using non-ANSCII C)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
You could also ask at the mac place on campus.. :)

mp3mojo

Do you have 10.3? If you do you already have X11.

If you have 10.2 or earlier then you will need to download it. X11 is a windows manager, it allows you to run LINUX apps on your Mac. Download it from the Apple website.

"Bus Error" is because your program is incorrect. Try a simple program (such as "hello world") because gcc should work fine (unless you are using non-ANSCII C)
tried the hello world thing & it works.... but ive also tried a c prog that compiles & runs on the uni gcc via putty, but not on my mac arrr....

ive still got no idea wat X[number] is...

has any1 finished their COMP2711 assn?... i dont even what it's asking us to do yet...

Originally posted by anti
You could also ask at the mac place on campus.. :)
u mean unimac?... i dunno if i should... been there a few times for help, without purchasing anytime....

arrr.... i really dont know whats wrong...

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
tried the hello world thing & it works.... but ive also tried a c prog that compiles & runs on the uni gcc via putty, but not on my mac arrr....

ive still got no idea wat X[number] is...

has any1 finished their COMP2711 assn?... i dont even what it's asking us to do yet...

u mean unimac?... i dunno if i should... been there a few times for help, without purchasing anytime....

arrr.... i really dont know whats wrong...
OK, new tactic. Have you installed the "developer package"?

As for the 2711 assignment, are you mad, with everything else that's due I have barley looked at it ...

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Yeah, I noticed the 2711 faq is noticeably shorter than the other two were... I have to start it.. but.. I.. can't... can't... :(

sunny

meh.
HSC
Originally posted by anti
Yeah, I noticed the 2711 faq is noticeably shorter than the other two were... I have to start it.. but.. I.. can't... can't... :(

Its a sign that very few have started :D

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
SUNNY! WHY ARE YOU ONLINE? ...oh that's right, you're off, aren't you :glares:

:)

mp3mojo

OK, new tactic. Have you installed the "developer package"?

As for the 2711 assignment, are you mad, with everything else that's due I have barley looked at it ...
do i hve to download the developer package?

lik me join all of ya, hvent started my comp2711 either... must start soon though...

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
on the original question, compile runs command make -k whihc isnt waht u want. goto the Options menu and click on edit Init File.

copy this into init.el:

(add-hook 'haskell-mode-hook 'turn-on-haskell-font-lock)
(add-hook 'haskell-mode-hook 'turn-on-haskell-decl-scan)
(add-hook 'haskell-mode-hook 'turn-on-haskell-doc-mode)
(add-hook 'haskell-mode-hook 'turn-on-haskell-indent)
(add-hook 'haskell-mode-hook 'turn-on-haskell-simple-indent)
(add-hook 'haskell-mode-hook 'turn-on-haskell-ghci)

save it.

Now you can use Ctrl-c Ctrl-l to toggle the ghci buffer

edit: btw this assumes that you have installed the haskell package for xemacs. to get it, you can dl the package using the users interface within Xemacs.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
do i hve to download the developer package?

lik me join all of ya, hvent started my comp2711 either... must start soon though...
No, it's somewhere on your comp (I can't remember where now). Use the apple website to find it ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)