you cant really study for the SAC exams?! (1 Viewer)

bloom-

HSC
i asked my teacher the other day about how to study for the SAC HSC examination papers and he said that you cant really study for it.. its just common knowledge? is this true!

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
i asked my teacher the other day about how to study for the SAC HSC examination papers and he said that you cant really study for it.. its just common knowledge? is this true!
Your teachers a fucking retard, of course you can and do have to study for the exams. You have to learn all your concepts, how they interrelate and how they relate to your focus studies. You have to have a sound knowledge of your focus studies and different social theories/theorists all with plenty of examples that display the relationships between the concepts, and thats like, the bare skeleton of what you have to know to pass.

The fact that your teacher implied that you just need common knowledge and zero study to do well in the exam worries me, hell, on his advice, don't even bother coming to class! Just turn up on the day and you'll be right...

bloom-

HSC
yeah thats what i thought! so i was just wondering if for the essay questions i would need to put examples into it like the NCIS when i'm trying to talk about poplular culture?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
yeah thats what i thought! so i was just wondering if for the essay questions i would need to put examples into it like the NCIS when i'm trying to talk about poplular culture?
I dunno, i didn't do popular culture, it really depends on what you focus on in class (if your teacher thinks its worth teaching you that is).

bloom-

HSC
ohk thank you for that anyways! i was pretty confused when he said it was based on common knowledge. it didnt sound right at all!

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I really do hope that for your sake, your teacher changes his attitude =/

bloom-

HSC
yeah i hope so too. now i realize how much work i need to catch up on! 0.0

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
It's a good idea to have definitions memorised for all your concepts.
Plus 2 - 3 examples for each.
As well as that, you need concepts relating to each of your subject areas (e.g. your cross cultural study) memorised with extensive examples.

I more or less rote-learned essays including examples for each subject area and modified them to fit the questions.

AccelerateGirl

HSC
yes, your teacher is a bit....strange to say the least. of course you can study, there are definitions, theories, and plus the units you were taught.
Maybe he only answered half of your question though. i know that you have to reflect on your own experiences for examples alot of the time, so maybe thats what he meant?

Dunno

Just to let people know, i get multiple choice in my SAC HSC. it's pretty awesome. that and the fact that the PIP is gonna be 4000 words instead of 5000 words, and it will be worth 40% instead of 30%. Yay for me!!

AccelerateGirl

HSC
yes, your teacher is a bit....strange to say the least. of course you can study, there are definitions, theories, and plus the units you were taught.
Maybe he only answered half of your question though. i know that you have to reflect on your own experiences for examples alot of the time, so maybe thats what he meant?

Dunno

Just to let people know, i get multiple choice in my SAC HSC. it's pretty awesome. that and the fact that the PIP is gonna be 4000 words instead of 5000 words, and it will be worth 40% instead of 30%. Yay for me!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)