yet another atar estimation request (1 Viewer)

SamDavisEnjoyer420

HSC
just got my report back with all of my ranks, my school is ranked around 300th in terms of b6 count

maths advanced
trial mark: 51%, trial rank: 5/14, course rank: 6/14
dont want to talk about this one, literally did no study at home for maths in the past 3 years and i dont intend to change that (also its kinda sad how im 6th with that mentality???)

english standard
trial mark: 85%, trial rank: 2/93, course rank: 3/93
trial was marked pretty generously i think. our school has never gotten a band 6 in standard lol

ipt
trial mark: 88%, trial rank: 1/4, course rank: 1/4
ipt teacher trolled the trial and made some questions unrelated to the syllabus

society and culture
trial mark: 87%, trial rank: 5/20, course rank: 6/20
cohort is super strong. 3 b6's last year which is crazy for our school

history extension
trial mark: 60%, trial rank: 1/1, course rank: 1/1
really want to improve this one since this subject is awesome

ancient history
trial mark: 88%, trial rank: 2/26, course rank: 2/26
cohort (at least those at the top) are really great at this subject, no band 6s in the past few years but i have high hopes

i'm definitely studying for extension history and ipt since i want to do well in those subjects, but maths is a lost cause so i don't think i'll do more than like 2 hours study before the hsc lol. what atar do you think i will get?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
From this information, your performance appears to be consistent with an ATAR in the high 70s to low 80s range. More specifically, that would be an ATAR between 78 and 84.

IPT, Society and Culture, and Ancient History seem to be your best-performing subjects. This means that they are likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR. You mentioned that you will definitely be studying for your IPT HSC exam, which is a good start. You should also ensure that you thoroughly prepare for your Society and Culture as well as Ancient History HSC exams because maintaining your overall performance in these subjects will bring you closer to your ATAR goal.

The same can be suggested regarding English Standard, although perhaps to a slightly lower extent. This could indicate potential areas of improvement that you should work on addressing as you continue to prepare for your HSC exams, allowing you to solidify your performance in this subject and ultimately maximising your chances of reaching your desired ATAR.

On the other hand, Mathematics Advanced and History Extension appear to be your lowest-performing subjects. Although you are not planning to thoroughly prepare for your Mathematics Advanced HSC exam, you should keep in mind that it will still contribute at least 1 unit towards your ATAR, meaning that you should still put in some effort to make sure that your overall performance is decent.

The good thing about History Extension is that since you are the only student taking this subject at your school, your Examination Mark (HSC exam mark) will become your overall HSC mark. This essentially means that nothing has yet been determined in terms of your results in this subject, giving you a great opportunity to prepare for this subject's HSC exam to the best of your ability (including a focus on addressing areas of improvement). With your visible motivation to study for History Extension, you will hopefully be able to maximise your HSC mark and have this subject make a positive contribution to your ATAR.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)