YES! And ...Physics? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Today I had my interview for yr12 subjects. They let me drop Economics and Heritage! (Yay! - previously they said you couldn't because you needed backups if you were to take any X2 or yr12X)

Anyway - I'm left with physics - no way out. The department is crappy and I've made summaries and notes myself but everyone, myself included, have learnt nothing through the whole 3 terms.

I don't think I will get a 90~94 for physics that I need... How should I tackle this problem? A tutor? Self-study? If so, how? Freak out!

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Question, what are year 12 interviews for?? My school does them and I have no idea what they are.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Today I had my interview for yr12 subjects. They let me drop Economics and Heritage! (Yay! - previously they said you couldn't because you needed backups if you were to take any X2 or yr12X)

Anyway - I'm left with physics - no way out. The department is crappy and I've made summaries and notes myself but everyone, myself included, have learnt nothing through the whole 3 terms.

I don't think I will get a 90~94 for physics that I need... How should I tackle this problem? A tutor? Self-study? If so, how? Freak out!
If the school doesn't provide the necessary resources to help you accomplish your aim then seeking a tutor may help. What textbook do you use? What do you guys do in class?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Self-learn or tutor.

HSC
The teacher doesn't use the textbook - however they do give them out at the start of the year.

We have both macmillan and Jacaranda. I've downloaded a copy of jacaranda myself.

In class, there is no clear structure about the aims of the class. Often we would do an experiment/prac and then he would say: go collect the data plot the graph see the relationship. Most of the time we don't even get through it and the data is a bunch of useless numbers by the end.

He also has a very monotone voice - because of surgery on his throat i think - and it's very hard to concentrate. By half the lesson everyone has tuned out and are either doing some other work or just gazing out of the window.

I feel as though the whole prelim course I've learnt nothing...everything has wafted by... D:

@powlmao - its just to see how you're going and what subjects you are dropping etc. and also what career path you would take

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
The teacher doesn't use the textbook - however they do give them out at the start of the year.

We have both macmillan and Jacaranda. I've downloaded a copy of jacaranda myself.

In class, there is no clear structure about the aims of the class. Often we would do an experiment/prac and then he would say: go collect the data plot the graph see the relationship. Most of the time we don't even get through it and the data is a bunch of useless numbers by the end.

He also has a very monotone voice - because of surgery on his throat i think - and it's very hard to concentrate. By half the lesson everyone has tuned out and are either doing some other work or just gazing out of the window.

I feel as though the whole prelim course I've learnt nothing...everything has wafted by... D:

@powlmao - its just to see how you're going and what subjects you are dropping etc. and also what career path you would take
The Preliminary course doesn't contain a lot for Physics in my opinion.

FraZzZz

HSC
I normally self study myself, I'd recommend that you look through your Physic's text books for a 'Syllabus Grid', it's basically a set of questions, around 100q's across all modules included in the course. If you learn how to answer all of those questions then you will have given yourself a strong back bone for the rest of the course, and things will prove a lot easier, trust me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)