Yeats poems (1 Viewer)

absorber

HSC
3, Easter 1916 Irish Airman and Wild Swans At Coole; but we have to know all the poems, they can ask us specifically on an individual one =\

renny 123

HSC
3, Easter 1916 Irish Airman and Wild Swans At Coole; but we have to know all the poems, they can ask us specifically on an individual one =\
This is what worries me..
They expect us to be able to have a rally good analysis for 7 poems :confused:

maddylouise

HSC
I know the full poems of both 'an irish airman forsees his death' and 'leda and the swan'.

I also have knowledge of 'second coming', 'among school children', and 'easter 1916' and either know a stanza or a couple important lines out of each of them and the ideas and motifs behind each of the poems.

I dont think its essential to know all of the poems off by heart, just well enough that you can talk about them, or enough to use them to back up any technique etc within an essay or question.

There is no way that the BOS would expect up to know all of the poems well, but atleast 2 possibly 3 is essential. Enough that you can back up any statements you makewith examples.

I wouldnt be stressing about 'byzantium', its the hardest and not many people study it, so i highly doubt we will be asked about it specifically.

maddy

:)

retrieve

HSC
N/A
Maddy,

You'd better check your list of poems- Byzantium ISN'T on the list for 2009-2012. There are three new poems while Sailing to Byzantium and Byzantium have (sadly) been replaced!

kirkikirkikirki

HSC
I feel like the weirdo here but while Yeats is my least favourite module, I actually don't mind it and I loved Frankenstein and Blade Runner. I actually used Yeats for my major work for Ext 2.

Anyway, ideally I'd like to focus on The Second Coming, Leda and the Swan and Among School Children. But Easter 1916 and Wild Swans could be used if I really had to.

I can't really see them focusing on one specific poem unless its something like Easter 1916 which most people use anyway.

kwabon

Banned
HSC
firstly; they cannot ask about specific poems, you just have to know at least 3 of the poems really well

secondly; this is the WORST module on earth

and

thirdly; i am doing second coming, wild swans and easter 1916

God help me.

danal353

HSC
I'm using three: Wild Swans at Coole, The Second Coming and Among School Children - my favourite module actually...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)