• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Yearbook!!! (1 Viewer)

lexonfire

HSC
noir. said:
I hate 95% of my grade, and i wont be sad to finish school.
lol, i'd say "hate" is a strong word but i know where you're coming from and i won't be sad to finish either.

on another note! yearbooks... how much is the average range?

i'm responsible for a section of the yearbook, too. at my school we keep ours pretty cheap and i'm not really sure why. as in, i think we print them off and bind them ourselves. i'd say the majority of my grade would be more than willing to pay extra to get it professionally bound ... and "rockstar memoirs" seems to be the only name coming up. i'm checking it out now, it looks pretty good.

i think the yearbook coordinator prefers to keep ours cheap (like $4, i think) because she argues that there will be people who wouldnt give a shit about owning their own yearbook and thus paying for it. so, it might be a waste of money doing it the professional way. argh, i'm not really sure what she said, but obviously it was about being tight on finances. anyway... i'm gonna try and convince her about this yearbook thing. i'll suggest setting up a poll to see if the rest of the grade supports getting it done professionally.... $40 doesn't seem like a stretch at all.

(but apparently my school likes to debate that, too.. cos there's all these expenses: oh, formal expenses, these expenses, those expenses, yadda yadda... they make us sound like we're financially challenged...)

but yeah i think everyone's sick of the homemade yearbook :p ...great content but it should reaaaally look better (and last longer!)

xxJTxx

HSC
$65 is a lot? hrmm..this year ours is $80. hard cover, with embossing + gold foiling...130 colour super gloss pages..:D

I dunno how you guys get away with 15$ year books? what are they printed at school and stapled together? or bounded with comb binding or something?

not only that...this year ours is designed externally!~

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
our yearbook has a crap load of stuff in it, i did the photos =D and we've got colour and black and white pages and we're getting it done from snap printing for around $25.
we've got a yr 12 video for all that "DVD" stuff you guys were talking about, doesn't anyone else do the yr 12 video anymore? though the school is really strict about it, nothing sexual/alcohol related/drug related/ no swearing/ no weapons/no violence etc
i'll miss school in the sense that yeah it was my comfort zone for so long and i dont know any other way of life, i'll miss some friends but really my good friends, i'll see them after school. i'm sick of the HSC and i've realised that school doesn't hold anything for me anymore i've gotten all that i can out of it so i won't really miss it that much.

ak5

HSC
ahen said:
our yearbook has a crap load of stuff in it, i did the photos =D and we've got colour and black and white pages and we're getting it done from snap printing for around $25.
we've got a yr 12 video for all that "DVD" stuff you guys were talking about, doesn't anyone else do the yr 12 video anymore? though the school is really strict about it, nothing sexual/alcohol related/drug related/ no swearing/ no weapons/no violence etc
i'll miss school in the sense that yeah it was my comfort zone for so long and i dont know any other way of life, i'll miss some friends but really my good friends, i'll see them after school. i'm sick of the HSC and i've realised that school doesn't hold anything for me anymore i've gotten all that i can out of it so i won't really miss it that much.
our yearbook committee really consists of two people looks really good so far. These two people who I will not name are doing a fantastic job. They are up all night until 2am just to get the yearbook done. They don't have time to study and turn up to school everyday. They're doing an awesome job and I just wanted to say that I'm really proud of them. :)

SunshineStorm

HSC
at my school, we have a school magazine and this year we also are getting a yearbook due to the fantastic work put in by ONE person who designed the entire thing, and even organised the printing and fundraising. the way the cost was kept down was by allowing the placement of advertising in the book. it sounds dodgy but the adverts worked well with the layout and are hardly even noticible. =]

thanx heaps to the person for all her long hours and hard work she put in.

diamond*dreams*

d[-_-]b . . <3 music
HSC
^^Yeah those sound like some really awesome peoples. :D
I know my year is finding it hard to organise our year book particularly since we're all finishing up after trials assignments.

:eek::lol: the HSC and the end of school is soooooo close!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)