Year11's doing HSC (1 Viewer)

[Damo]

HSC
Im a year 11 student n im doing the HSC maths exam this year. Year 12 are hating coz apparantly its unfair n that we are taking up ranks. what do u guys think about year 11 doing the HSC this year?

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
If you can do it, go for it. No need to hold yourself back because others are getting a bit shirty. :)

I_F

Trev

stix
HSC
You're not taking up ranks anyway, you aren't affecting the way they perform. If anything at all you are making them work harder to try and beat you which is beneficial to them.

rama_v

HSC
[Damo] said:
Im a year 11 student n im doing the HSC maths exam this year. Year 12 are hating coz apparantly its unfair n that we are taking up ranks. what do u guys think about year 11 doing the HSC this year?
Go for it, the better you do this year the easier it will be next year to get a high UAI, so make the best of it :D

PLooB

HSC
[Damo] said:
HAHA They are making up excuses for their "shitness". Good on ya for doing it and beat all of them while you're at it.

[Damo]

HSC
would u , as yr 12's feel threatened by the accelerated year 11s?

klaw

HSC
[Damo] said:
would u , as yr 12's feel threatened by the accelerated year 11s?
No.... yr 11s accelerating shouldn't affect the performance of yr 12s...

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
We got that same crap about our year 10 class accelerating to HSC in another subject, and how we "didnt have to study for as many subjects", thus it was unfair on them.

Obviously they have no idea how the mark allocation to ranks works. It does no detriment to them at all.

Having younger students do my course wouldn't bother me at all. (On a side note, theres a guy in our school in year 8 doing HSC 4U Maths, and somewhere in the top 5).

klaw

HSC
drewgcn said:
We got that same crap about our year 10 class accelerating to HSC in another subject, and how we "didnt have to study for as many subjects", thus it was unfair on them.

Obviously they have no idea how the mark allocation to ranks works. It does no detriment to them at all.

Having younger students do my course wouldn't bother me at all. (On a side note, theres a guy in our school in year 8 doing HSC 4U Maths, and somewhere in the top 5).
Year 8 doing 4U maths O.O

P

pLuvia

go for it mate.. who gives a crap about the year 12s..they should be beating you lol.. but i guess their just too stupid``!

and what a geek that boy is~!!

tristan88

HSC
If you have the opportunity - go for it. As a Victorian, nearly everyone does a year 12 subject in year 11 which means that most opt to do five subjects in their final year instsead of six.
At our school nearly everyone does two year 12 subjects in year 11, regardless of ability, which lessens the work load to only four subjects in the final year. Doing seven subjects for instance is almost pointless as only the top six are counted.

Perhaps a looser approach is taken as the worst two subjects are only counted for 10% towards the aggregate TER/UAI out of the six.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Actually, tis is good for the yr 12s.. they WANT you to get good marks in the HSC to pull their marks up! just like you want smart people in your school, no matter how bad your ranks looks, it'll be good for the scaling in the HSC exam.

they should really be thanking you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)