Year 12. (1 Viewer)

Anton

HSC
Alright. So we're all finally seeing the bright blue skies of our futures a little more clearly now that the brooding grey clouds of the HSC start to float away with low marks and the word 'stress' written on them. And so the obvious thing - for me anyway - is to look back on year 12 and think about what it was like.

For me, year 12 was completely the most stressful year of my life, unsurprisingly. A call like that really means something for me as well, because before year 12 I had never, ever experienced academia-related stress. It was a completely foreign concept to me. But I feel I know stress well now, because it's pretty much always around me, whispering things like 'do work, stop watching tv, stop playing guitar, you shouldn't drink that 8th beer, do your change folder' and things like that. So that was the most prominent factor in my year 12 experience; discovering stress, being surprised by stress, and eventually wanting to smack stress in the fucking goddam head.

Another big 'thing' in year 12 was my realisation that I really love fun so very much. I've partied and gone out more so much more in year 12 than I ever have before. And I've had more fun because I'm usually stressed so when I am at the pub or at a party or at a cafe, I can really appreciate it. As far as good times and fun go, year 12 has been the best ever. I don't think everyone will share this same feeling with me though, as not everyone has my 'it's legitimately not that important, you should have fun while you're young and relatively carefree' attitude to school.

Also, and perhaps most importantly (?), I've learnt the importance of friends. Sure, that is possibly the corniest thing ever written (apart from 'i wuv cute lil bunnies and pretty flowers, awww' or something similar), but it's actually true. All of my friends are actually the best (as I hope you think of all your friends). Without them, who knows what I'd do? I definitely wouldn't be at school, that's for sure.

What else have people taken away from this year? This year that is supposed to be the definitive transitional period of adolescence, where boys become men, girls became women, and dickheads become even more annoying and often richer. What have you learnt? Just curious...

Anton

Anton

HSC
Hey man, it was 2am (I think) and I was aiming not to go to sleep. What else am I going to do but listen to music and think about the good times. Eh?!

Anton

Anton

HSC
Hey, of course not! hehe.

I try to get all sentimental on everyone and they don't even let me. Oh, it hurts.

Anton

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
year 12 school time is fun and being with my friends is fun but i dont like being at home. in fact i hate it.. i try to avoid my family until they go to asleep and then stay up late .. when they are not around to annoy me.
sorry im probably just in a bad mood at the moment. but ok what do you think about this? my sister is 11 and shes a fuckhead. shes soo annoying never leaves me alone. and never lets me use the computer - she always wants to play neopets. and my parents turn a blind eye to her!!!! arrgh.............! oh well

yeah i like being in year 12 probably because we got more freedom than in other years.

natt

Year 12

I have had times and have seen others be part of the HSC stress.......I got over it , i think u have to experience once.I have also learnt that its not the end of the world my parents are supportive and recognise my achievements,i am so grateful cos i see my friends push themselves and well the outcome is not always what they want ..which becomes worse.

So neways im livn it up:p
Lots of parties,lots of exams but hey it'll be worth it the end.

No point stressing...TRUST ME!
Doesnt do u ne favours....although i think a hsc adivceline would be good at what 1am the day before an assignment or test...From the start of yr 12.;)

Best of Luck Everyone,carve it up!

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
speaking of HSC advice line,
what kind of stuff do you ask them?
what can you ask them?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by luigi_000
speaking of HSC advice line,
what kind of stuff do you ask them?
what can you ask them?
ask them anything to do with the subject your asking about (provided its within the context of the syllabus i assume)

ive been told a tale where a student from my school last yr rang in, (i forgot wat subject), and ended up teaching the helper on the other end of the line!

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
what like, even like a maths problem or something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)