Year 12 Subjects (1 Viewer)

MaK

What would i have to get in each subject to get around 80 for my UAI, i know its hard considering some of my subjects but i want to know.

Economics 2U,
IPT 2U,
Drama 2U,
Eng Standard 2U
Math General.

TheKey

HSC
i would say u must get HSC marks around ~80s, my friend had similar subjects and got around mid 70s for each and ended up with high 60s UAI, if he got only 5 more for each subject he would have gotten ~80.

are u sure you cant do eng ADV i know so many people who are killing themselves for not taking eng ADV, because otherwise all of your subject have low/average scaling, so you will really need to be clearly above average in these subjects to get 80s.

go and read that 2003 HSC Marks thread and look for those same people in 2003 UAI thread to see what marks coresponded with their UAI.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
i recomend you do english adv

just get 80 in everything (with english adv) and you will get 80UAI

(+/- 1) :p

MaK

meh im not good in essays and that.. i got a good imagination and all but im shit at expressing it, cause my vocabulary isn't good.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Originally posted by MaK
meh im not good in essays and that.. i got a good imagination and all but im shit at expressing it, cause my vocabulary isn't good.
u practice to get better...ive been in AUST for 3 yrs and i did Standard (i regret) i got 85.....shud have done advanced!

HSC
MAK dont do gen maths bro
scales down badly go for 2u

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
But remember that if you know you will do well in those subjects, then by all means pick it. You are not disadvantaged as long as you perform well.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner
But remember that if you know you will do well in those subjects, then by all means pick it. You are not disadvantaged as long as you perform well.
you have to perform really well....

MaK

Originally posted by lil_star
u practice to get better...ive been in AUST for 3 yrs and i did Standard (i regret) i got 85.....shud have done advanced!
Nah i dont think i can keep up with everyone else cause i tried it last year in year 11 and i was totaly lost, but mainly cause the teacher was using words i've never even heard of, now that scares me. I was good in english all the way through to year 11 when it got hard meh. I dont think just reading would improve it theres got to be something else.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Originally posted by jm1234567890
you have to perform really well....
Which is why I said, if you know you can perform well :p

TheKey

HSC
Ok have a look at this scenario.

one of my friends goes to standard and has been working hard, and i mean hard all year improving his essays which would beat 90% of our ADV class. He came 2nd in class for standard and overall got 75 in HSC.

another friend read all the material but never prepeared shit, he also never had any supplementary material for anything, he ended up making up his supplementary and writing his essays from nothing...He was about 30th/54 in school and ended up with 80 in HSC.

my advice is take advanced english, your still going to have to write the same way and will have to know your jargon in either case, my feeling is you will find it easier in ADV as its enough to keep up while in standard you have to extend yourself above others.

MaK

i dunno my teacher told me i should move down so its kinda stupid if i stay up there, but i understand your point ill just have to do heaps better then ever1 else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)