HSC
So, here is what my current line-up of subjects is:

- Chem (2U)
- Economics (2U)
- Modern (2U)
- Maths + Ext. Maths (3U)
- English + Ext. English (3U)

..for a total of 12 Units.
Which is generally a nice number of units.

Now, for most of my high school career I always planned on doing 4U English.
However, this year, I've found Modern to be really great. So much so, in fact, that I'm considering picking up Ext. History in place of Ext 2 English.

A few questions: -

- In the first place, will 13U be too horrific? (I may drop Chem, but came 1st last time so not so sure).

- Is doing 3 extensions over different subjects too much of a spread?

- Do you think the workloads of Ext. History v. Ext. 2 English are relatively comparable?

If it factors into your responses at all, my ideal UAI is 96+, with my dream mark about a 98.5.

Cheers!

clue444

HSC
-13u, if you find it too much to handle then drop your worst sub, if not keep them.
-3 extensions, there is nothing wrong with doing that
-no sure because i'm not doing those subjects

HSC
-13u, if you find it too much to handle then drop your worst sub, if not keep them.
-3 extensions, there is nothing wrong with doing that
-no sure because i'm not doing those subjects
+1

i agree also and if you're don't like the subject, you can drop it and you can still get a good ATAR with the subjects you're doing, and don't pay too much attention about the scaling of subjects.

aya-chan

HSC
- In the first place, will 13U be too horrific? (I may drop Chem, but came 1st last time so not so sure).

- Is doing 3 extensions over different subjects too much of a spread?

- Do you think the workloads of Ext. History v. Ext. 2 English are relatively comparable?
13u isn't too bad. I do 13u now, and I'm not exactly stressing. So I'm pretty sure you'll be fine too. I know some people that are considering doing 14 or 15.

I think it's fine to do extensions, if you like those subjects then that's great. More motivation to study for them right? :]

and I have no idea about that.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
13U units isn't too much work, so long as you use your time wisely.

No, 3 extensions should be fine. It might be too much if you were considering to do 4U maths, 4U english and extension history though.

I did extension history but not extension english so i can't really compare. But my friends that do say that extension 2 is a complete bludge until you get up to doing your major while extension history has a consistently high workload + a major.

clue444

HSC
Ask yourself will you need the extra unit. I think 13units is more than enough, but suit yourself.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
13U units isn't too much work, so long as you use your time wisely.

No, 3 extensions should be fine. It might be too much if you were considering to do 4U maths, 4U english and extension history though.

I did extension history but not extension english so i can't really compare. But my friends that do say that extension 2 is a complete bludge until you get up to doing your major while extension history has a consistently high workload + a major.
What I'd say.

Lowell

HSC
Ask yourself will you need the extra unit. I think 13units is more than enough, but suit yourself.
It's moreso because the universities I'm planning on applying to (overseas) highly recommend a strong background in history for the particular course (PPE) I want.
Hence, while I also enjoy it, I think it'd be more relevant to my applications. But I don't want to have an obscenely high workload either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)