Year 12 PiCS (1 Viewer)

Twintip

We inherited our area at the start of term 4 for next year. It's a decent-sized room with an adjacent outdoor area that is year 12 only as well. Here's what we've acquired.

The material things:
- Table Tennis Table (the longevity of the balls is a problem)
- Pool Table
- 2 Tvs that work!
- A huge cheap stereo
- A VCR (don't use it much)
- A NES, Sega Mega Drive and a Super Nintendo (constantly on Mortal Kombat)
- Microwave
- Coffee Machine
- A couple of those sandwich press/jaffle maker thingys.
- Tables and stuff.
- 5 sofas)
- Study area with computers and stuff (there's a double glazed glass wall there to keep the sound out).
- A Futon thingy

Last edited:

Christine

beige member
HSC
awwww i wish we had a common room! the closest we got was the right to the best spot in B block when it was raining!!

but we were also allowed to go get food from the canteen in between classes.

GJ_JOE

blood brother
damn twintip, what school did you go to? sounds so mad...

during our middle of the day free periods we had to go to library and "study"...

bex

HSC
We had a commo! Or the Internet Cafe as the gay teaches decided to name it.. it was a really long skinny room but anyway we had:

benches like in a milk bar with big stools!
2 computers
2 microwaves
2 stereos.. one broken one working
a couple of sandwhich makers
a fridge
sinks and cupbords/shelving
a water boiling machine
various objects glued with hot glue to the walls and stuff eg sponges, mugs, cups, cutlery

when we inherited the commo it was newly refurbished etc and the floor was all shiny.. by the time we were through there were scratches everywhere from our skateboard!
Outside we had a courtyard with big picnic umbrellas and tables and benches..

Nothing like Twintip's commo tho!!

jessika

law chicky
HSC
okay, well I visited our common room once, to use the microwave with a friend, little year 11s hung out there, so we never went back.

In year 11 our cafeteria had a tv in it, and people would bring in n64 and set them up and stuff. But then in year 12 they got rid of the tv because everyone was watching jerry in their frees, or just not going back to class when jerry was on. lol, I remember dragging heaps of ext eng people in our free over to the cafeteria to heck out what was happening on B&B.

we also had a pool table heaps of fun. but then they put the prices up mega high, cause the bar's pool table business wasn't doing to well cause everyone was using ours.

we also had chocolate & coke machines everywhere...mmm, good for the early morning chocolate fix.

hgpstar

awwwwww damn people who had a common room at all! we had a designated year 12 area, which i never liked cos it was right under the lab fan system and i was convinced that we were al be infiltrated by incredible toxins. well, i thought that until i realised just how skanky on the pracs our school is! but i was cool cos it was long, so you could kick a footy. except for the broken windows.

RIZAL

HSC
OMGGGGGGGGGG

THIS IS SOOO WEIRD! I THOUGHT THAT MinAI and Kaseita were both chicks! Remember me from the economics forum??? A couple of days before the exam I was thinking "aren't they two nice girls helping me out with my ecos essays!" lol........well anyways, thanks GUYS!

ps: how did yall end up going in eco? i scraped into Band 6 (90) so i was hella happee......

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
me?
a chick?
I dunno whether to laugh or cry in shame !!
nah, a couple of other ppl thought the same thing too, lol, ur not the first

and well done Isaac
I got 91, so u prolly didnt need the help anyway!

kaseita

:eek: :eek:
yeesh, you ppl are giving me heart attacks!!!!!!

Firstly, thank you for recognising the fact that I'm MALE!
you gave me a huge shock there! female indeed....not that they're bad of course. you understand what I mean

and to twintips:

You freaking ppl got all that stuff in your common room!?!?!?!?!! aaaarrrgh, I knew Knox had gipped me in more ways than one!!!

what did we get when I was there?

A TV from the 1950s - incidentally had the screen kicked in about half a year later.
a crappy stereo system - though enough to bring down half the school if we put it loud enough.
one microwave - basically the only thing working
besides the free coffee machine, which also had a dispenser which said hot chocolate, but spurted out something resembling toothpaste.
and very very nice comfy couches for 'couching' sessions :)

I've been gipped :( :( :mad: :mad:

oh, and congrats isaac - ya beat me man. I only got 89. turns out only one unit of it actually counted towards my uai too, which hurts! can you believe my one unit sor (studies of religion) actually counted??? maybe I should've studied harder for sor.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Isaac Reyes
hehehe on ya, that's a kick ass mark.

I think it's the name 'MinAi'....kinda sounds like a Japanese schoolgirls name! Anywayz...............hey I went to your homepage, I'm half filo too...love the avi's of driving in the Camry or whatever it is too.....that car is a shoe in for the next Initial D episode!
yeah Ive been told minai actually means something in japanese too

half filo and half wat? its always interesting to meet ppl of mixed cultures

and rofl on the videos, I want better ones, my friend (the guy driving) is overseas until Feb. though
heh and yeh the camry does remind me of the Truneo from Initial D

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by kaseita
:eek: :eek:
yeesh, you ppl are giving me heart attacks!!!!!!

Firstly, thank you for recognising the fact that I'm MALE!
you gave me a huge shock there! female indeed....not that they're bad of course. you understand what I mean

and to twintips:

You freaking ppl got all that stuff in your common room!?!?!?!?!! aaaarrrgh, I knew Knox had gipped me in more ways than one!!!

what did we get when I was there?

A TV from the 1950s - incidentally had the screen kicked in about half a year later.
a crappy stereo system - though enough to bring down half the school if we put it loud enough.
one microwave - basically the only thing working
besides the free coffee machine, which also had a dispenser which said hot chocolate, but spurted out something resembling toothpaste.
and very very nice comfy couches for 'couching' sessions :)

I've been gipped :( :( :mad: :mad:

oh, and congrats isaac - ya beat me man. I only got 89. turns out only one unit of it actually counted towards my uai too, which hurts! can you believe my one unit sor (studies of religion) actually counted??? maybe I should've studied harder for sor.
you guys got free coffee and hot chocolate!!! what!!! we had to pay for ours

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
dammit... we didn't get a common room

there used to be a poxy one a few years back, but the younger brothers of the year 12s got the key and made copies and used it so it was used for something else after that, although it was shit anyway.

we had a senior area which was nice to get away from those junior shits... trees, picnic tables etc... relaxing most of the time

no fridge, or microwave but we used the social science microwave anyway...

kaseita

oh free coffee and tea - no free hot chocolate though :(

but I don't drink coffee or tea, so it didn't exactly benefit me.

but now the guys at my school get even more than us!
we had it pretty good though, so I'm not complaining tooo much - just that all my money went towards their benefits :p

FunkyFlava

Psycho@UNSW
HSC
:p ours wasnt called a common room. it was just like a spare room called A<insert some number here> with tables and chairs stacked. :/ plus a window that looked through into the office people's kitchen where they had all these appliances while we had nothing. :(

Twintip

Originally posted by kaseita
just that all my money went towards their benefits :p
Most of the stuff there (except the microwave, pool table, coffee machine and a new fridge) were supplied by people in my year. :)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
meh, I couldnt be bothered merging this thread with the 'curious' thread, so I stuck it instead

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
click on the link in my sig, and you can have a look at my yr 12 muck up photo

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by BaByDoLL11^^
click on the link in my sig, and you can have a look at my yr 12 muck up photo
wey hey!!
girls showing some skin, nice!
now which one are u?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)