Year 12 Grad (formal): Anyone not going? (1 Viewer)

Are you going to your Grad?

• I am going

Votes: 39 76.5%
  • I'm not going

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • undecided

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters
HSC
Is anyone here not going to go to their Year 12 Grad (aka formal)? Why aren't you going?

Ryken

HSC
yea im not goin. I really want to but cant due to money. My parents are paying for my schoolies and my GAP year overseas next year so they wont pay for it, which means i have to and i dont have like 600 bucks to spend so.....im really bumbed about not goin

elisabeth

HSC
I'm not. I just can't get into all the hype. I have the money, but I don't really think it's worth it for one night. Plus who wants to be sitting at a table with random people's parents all night? I hope to see people at the after party maybe.

s0k0y0e0

HSC
One of my mates isn't! My formal costs $99...so it is a bit pricey! And some people honestly can't afford it; seeing as though it's compulsory to take a parent! Hmm; schools........

Scanorama

HSC
Why is it compulsory to take a parent? Thank God our school didnt make us do that. How pointless it is.

Ryken

HSC
PiNkPiXiE said:
One of my mates isn't! My formal costs $99...so it is a bit pricey! And some people honestly can't afford it; seeing as though it's compulsory to take a parent! Hmm; schools........
$99!! thats cheap. as i said mine is like 500-600 all up

s0k0y0e0

HSC
Ryken said:
$99!! thats cheap. as i said mine is like 500-600 all up
Cheap?! :confused: $99 is just the ticket in...plus you HAVE to take a parent; then there is clothing, and make-up (for girls) and it's expected you go to the after party which is a further $110; I definiteley don't think it's cheap! :uhhuh:

^___^
HSC
99bucks for a formal ticket is typically your "average" price

there are some schools that cost 150

but of course, it all ends up where your formal is held, it is a ripe off if if 99bucks and it is held at some RSL club, however, it if is held at a 5 star hotel with great atmosphere/service, it is all worth it

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah mine cost $99 for the Four seasons Sheraton at darling harbour. It is the average price.....usually 70-80 if its at a RSL etc...

Also for afters we justhave it at somebodys house; its all thats needed and dosent cost anything

s0k0y0e0

HSC
Deus said:
we just have it at somebodys house; its all thats needed and dosent cost anything
I agree; this IS all that's needed; but some pppl want to prove status by seeing who can afford to go...

PS It's not anywhere special

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Ours has already been.
$150 per person incl. parents, partner optional at Four Seasons.
Then theres suit, alcohol etc.
$25 for afterparty (2 people)
$x for other food during nights and drinks.
$x for taxi's

came up to be alot :s

Ryken

HSC
PiNkPiXiE said:
Cheap?! :confused: $99 is just the ticket in...plus you HAVE to take a parent; then there is clothing, and make-up (for girls) and it's expected you go to the after party which is a further $110; I definiteley don't think it's cheap! :uhhuh:
my bad, i thought it was $99 all up

HSC
i didnt want to go but my friends/parents persuaded me otherwise so i went anyway

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
ok, grad and formal, two different things. i went to my grad. can't go to my formal :( coz ill be in america!:)

volition

arr.
HSC
I went to the formal, I reckon it's just one of those things that you should be going to because it'll be one of the last times(if not the last time) the yeargroup is able to be together

s0k0y0e0

HSC
playboy2njoy said:
HAHA all you eastern suburbs schools have to take your parents... Whats the point of a formal and having a partner if you take your parents? Ours is at rydges hotel on pitt/george street, and afterwards we'll all probably go clubbing i guess.
HAHA you're an idiot...I don't go to an Eastern suburbs school; so there goes your call out the window! :uhhuh:

s0k0y0e0

HSC
playboy2njoy said:
maybe i should rephrase it to "girls schools"??
Well, I won't take back what I said; because I DON"T go to a girls school either!

Danoz The Great

HSC
playboy2njoy said:
HAHA all you eastern suburbs schools have to take your parents... Whats the point of a formal and having a partner if you take your parents? Ours is at rydges hotel on pitt/george street, and afterwards we'll all probably go clubbing i guess.

You really need to grow up!! We were given the ability to bring two guests. And I didn't hesitate at bringing my folks - the least you could do is bring them to your formal to thank them for being there and supporting you through 13 years of schooling!

Anyway, there's a couple of people in my year group who aren't going - because they're emo anarchists who wish to 'rebel'. lol!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)