Year 11 wanting to do Ext Eng 2 for next year (1 Viewer)

Porcia

HSC
So are there any other year 11's wanting to do ext eng next year? it seems so cool, how you can hand it in early and concetrate on other subjects. im interested also to know what other subjects ext eng 2-ers do.

Me: 3 u eng, 3 u math, latin, art, chem (dropping chem n picking ext eng 2)

How about y'all out there

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
lol trust me, there's very little people who hand it in early and concentrate on other subjects, it's basically ongoing research/procrastination. But it's also very rewarding.

bEAbEA

HSC
I'm in year 12 now, and I chose not to do ext 2 cause it would be very unrealistic that I would be able to complete it throughout the year, meaning that it would be a massive rush at the end.
My friends that are doing it now are finding it difficult because it is their last priority of a night because there is no compulsory homework set. But, if you are really determined to do it, go for it - it would be very rewarding at the end

fine ambiguity

almost there
HSC
vinvi said:
So are there any other year 11's wanting to do ext eng next year? it seems so cool, how you can hand it in early and concetrate on other subjects. im interested also to know what other subjects ext eng 2-ers do.

Me: 3 u eng, 3 u math, latin, art, chem (dropping chem n picking ext eng 2)

How about y'all out there
Haha! Hand it in early... that's funny :p

(Not to discourage you or anything ;))

Abbeygale

HSC
Not to scare you off it or anything, because I think it's absolutely worth it, but there's a lot more work to the course than you think there will be. I know I was shocked.
I think the number of people handing it in early would be pretty low.

Although, I'm the opposite with the EE2 work. I tend to go for EE2 first, at the expense of all my other subjects.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Its worth it if your committed and you are prepared to do independant investigation.

I wish i knew that before i picked it up. I so should have done ext his.

Hand it in early??

I feel like i have no time!

Koume

Rabid fangirl
HSC
I want to do 4U English too... and I know quite a few other people who do... some of them already have ideas for what they are going to write and I don't... .__. but I write a lot anyways, so I don't think it should be that hard once I get started ^^;

catta*

HSC
yup i definately wanna do Ext 2 next yr.

atm im doin : 3u eng, 3u maths , ancient, b studies, studies of religion 1u, economics.

im gonna drop eco and ext maths and pick up ext2 english and ext history

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i did it last year, and trust me, you will NOT finish early in the year and have it out of the way. unless you really don't give a shit, you'll become more of a perfectionist than you've ever been in your life. it's completely worth it, i loved it, despite the frustration at times, but don't be fooled into thinking it's a bludge course just becos you don't have ongoing coursework to do and be monitored on.

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
In a way, there is compulsory course work. You ahve several presentations to make throughout the year where you present what you've done so far and discuss your research. This contributes to 50% of the total assessment and the actual major work makes up the other 50%. It's not quite the bludge you'd think it is. If you just happen to be a prefectionist (I'll spend half an hour on one line of a poem if it takes that long to get it right) be prepared to be staying up to the early hours of the morning doing hw for other subs because you'll be working on your major work all the time (it's heaps more interesting than maths hw). That aside, it's a very rewarding subject and if you enjoy reading and writing, it won't seem like work at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)