Year 11 Subject Selection (1 Viewer)

HSC
Subject selections are coming up soon and I'm still unsure about which subjects to take.
right now I'm thinking about doing:

Advanced English
Extension 1 English
Mathematics
Modern history

Any suggestions for more subjects?

Also, I'm thinking of doing 13 units but I'm worried that it'll be too much.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Where do your strengths lie? Where do you interests lie?

What electives are you currently taking?

(Eeyore is probably one of the best winnie the pooh characters ;) )

Ambility

HSC
Don't be scared about 13 units. It's a lot easier to do 13 units in preliminary than it is in HSC. I do 13 units and I have no trouble with it at all.

haytchpea

HSC
13 is pretty manageable, its 14 where most people end up dropping down units. are there any other subjects that you are thinking of? I'm doing the ones that you've got listed plus ext 1 maths, chem and latin. I would definitely recommend a language if it is available cause its actually pretty chill compared to other subjects in regards to workload and its a useful thing to have :) And pls don't think about doing a science if you don't want to, its TORTURE

blackbird_14

HSC
If you like music then choose a music course! It's a different type of studying, think of practicing like a form of study :)

If you like science and global issues and a little bit of history, then choose geography! It's great too... Besides from the project in prelim (brr)

Perhaps you might want to consider doing a humanities/social science subject? They have long response writing questions which seem to suit your skills in English.

HSC
(my late reply tho and yes eeyore is the best!)

I'm taking Latin, elective history and visual arts but I doubt I will do Latin or arts. I'm more interested in humanities but apparently our school doesn't have teachers that are very good in that area.

atarqueen

HSC
I just did mine!!!
I am doing
Chem
Bio
Adv English
Eco
French
3U Maths

am i crazy?

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I just did mine!!!
I am doing
Chem
Bio
Adv English
Eco
French
3U Maths

am i crazy?
Nope. Though I can't value someone's subject, it's a pretty normal balance of sciences and not sciences with compulsory English.

And ofc maths, because not doing maths makes life empty

blackbird_14

HSC
And ofc maths, because not doing maths makes life empty
imagine if everyone on this site didn't do maths- everyone would be devoid of purpose like the minions were when they had no master (FYI: minions is a really cute movie you guys should go watch it if you're into little yellow things yellow gibberish and banana!!!!)

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
imagine if everyone on this site didn't do maths- everyone would be devoid of purpose like the minions were when they had no master (FYI: minions is a really cute movie you guys should go watch it if you're into little yellow things yellow gibberish and banana!!!!)
I find people not doing maths void of life, they must be like those blue curtains we talk about in English, full of sadness and regret LOL

Flop21

HSC
pls stop

sick of them everywhere

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)