Year 11 Subject Selection: prerequisite (1 Viewer)

Bazzi135

HSC
Hello, we have subject selection and we must pick our subjects by, June 6th 2010 (next Sunday) , i am looking in going into the medicine field of it but have not yet decided what actually part of it to take as a future job, i was just wondering if the prerequisite for medicine subjects/science are the same and what are they, and how many science subjects do we have to pick and what atar do we need <--- Mind the language bad typer :D

Thanks

kyokaku92

HSC
There are no prerequisites in getting into any course at uni these days (except for music I think). For medicine, the recommended subjects they ask for at UNSW is chemistry and any 2 units of English bearing in mind I went to their med information evening a couple of weeks ago and the median ATAR of successful applicants was around 99.6 I believe with only 160 places available to domestic students. But don't worry if you don't get it at first, there are other pathways through graduate in getting into medicine.

Good luck.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
You would also need to sit the UMAT. The ATAR threshold for students applying for Medicine is quite high at USyd and UNSW.

Official

Bring it on
HSC
Hello, we have subject selection and we must pick our subjects by, June 6th 2010 (next Sunday) , i am looking in going into the medicine field of it but have not yet decided what actually part of it to take as a future job, i was just wondering if the prerequisite for medicine subjects/science are the same and what are they, and how many science subjects do we have to pick and what atar do we need <--- Mind the language bad typer :D

Thanks
With your current level of english; you'd be hard pressed to get into medicine.

To answer your question, you'd need a relatively high ATAR, with a pretty good UMAT score. There are no prerequisites although subjects such as chemistry are recommended..

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
With your current level of english; you'd be hard pressed to get into medicine.

To answer your question, you'd need a relatively high ATAR, with a pretty good UMAT score. There are no prerequisites although subjects such as chemistry are recommended..
oh burned!
I love this guy. :)

Jackson94

HSC
Im fairly sure chemistry is a must and English but I suppose you have to do that anyway.

Dr_Quack

a;lsdkjf 'dajfdsjf'ds jaf
HSC
N/A
There are no prerequisites, just recommended subjects. And even if you don't do those subjects i'm sure there'll be bridging courses in uni (though that option mightn't be favourable).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)