Year 11 students need SDD HSC advice! (1 Viewer)

declanbehan

HSC
Hi so I'm in year 11 and I do SDD (as well as VET IT) and I wouldn't say I'm enjoying the SDD curriculum,

I was wondering if

a) the HSC exam and course is difficult as I'm not great at programming
b) does it scale well?

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Hi so I'm in year 11 and I do SDD (as well as VET IT) and I wouldn't say I'm enjoying the SDD curriculum,

I was wondering if

a) the HSC exam and course is difficult as I'm not great at programming
b) does it scale well?
a) you don't need to be good at programming for this subject. (Although it would help if you knew a bit about it), personally me myself, Started software with the bare minimal experience of programming from years 9/10 IST. I started programming and experimenting with new small projects in year 11 and then I eventually built up my knowledge on how to program. Programming is only worth 15% (may vary slightly) of the total mark for your major. Documentation is where most marks get awarded. So don't worry if you don't know much yet about programming. Ask your teacher for help or a programmer, and start building mini projects like a web browser, calendar, calculator, simple data entry applications. That should give you the gist of how to program in a given language.

b) Software scales down until you hit a certain mark, but it is the highest scaler out of the 3 comp subjects. dw about scaling. Just do your best and the rest should take of itself.

Vick Kumar

HSC
The exam itself is more based on theory sided topics, and arrhythmic etc. There'll be a few code examples asking you to solve the answer etc, no specific programming language will be used, just basic English or pseudo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)