Year 11 prelim result (1 Viewer)

hellopenguin666

HSC
Hiii everyone. I recently got my prelim result back for chemistry and it wasn't what I expected. I got a 83% which wasn't bad but in term 1 and 2 I got 98% and 88% and I was ranked 1st and 6th out of 130ish people in my school taking chem. I was expecting 90+ and was really dissappointed with the mark. I know this is only year 11 and nothing counts, but I was actually aiming to top chemistry. In terms of scaling, I have no idea how it works but will a 83 scale me to a 90+ ???

I am just wondering does this result still give me an A for my overall grade of year 11, and possibly how will it affect my rank? I don't know my rank for the yearly yet but I am looking at 20 ish.

hellopenguin666

HSC
thanks! our teacher mentioned how she will send a grade (i.e. ABCDE) to NESA at the end of yr 11 so I wanted an A

and I was really good at chem so the result for this yearly did shock and disappoint me

howcanibesmarter

HSC
thanks! our teacher mentioned how she will send a grade (i.e. ABCDE) to NESA at the end of yr 11 so I wanted an A

and I was really good at chem so the result for this yearly did shock and disappoint me
i think u're referring to the studentsonline grade thing. It honestly has no impact unless if you're trying to get an early offer, but by the sounds of it, you're pretty smart enough to get accepted anyways.

band6yesplease

HSC
Hiii everyone. I recently got my prelim result back for chemistry and it wasn't what I expected. I got a 83% which wasn't bad but in term 1 and 2 I got 98% and 88% and I was ranked 1st and 6th out of 130ish people in my school taking chem. I was expecting 90+ and was really dissappointed with the mark. I know this is only year 11 and nothing counts, but I was actually aiming to top chemistry. In terms of scaling, I have no idea how it works but will a 83 scale me to a 90+ ???

I am just wondering does this result still give me an A for my overall grade of year 11, and possibly how will it affect my rank? I don't know my rank for the yearly yet but I am looking at 20 ish.
Also 83% is still fire for a prelim mark.. the highest mark in chem for our prelims last year was 81 so you're defs on track!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)