year 11 physics. (1 Viewer)

adomad

HSC!!
HSC
who knows where the formula E=VIt come from.

this is what i have.

The energy required to transport one volt of energy is calculated by the formula
Energy=V(olt)I(current)t(time in seconds)
This comes from the fact that:
q=It
And: W=qV
Therefore we can conclude that
W=VIt

is E= W??????

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I havn't started the electricity in the home as a topic yet, so i best not contribute to that :p because I can guarntee I'd get it wrong :)

adomad

HSC!!
HSC
I havn't started the electricity in the home as a topic yet, so i best not contribute to that :p because I can guarntee I'd get it wrong :)
im guessing you have done moving about first?

K

khorne

Consider this:

V = E/Q

Hence, a charge moving through a poetential difference of V does work. i.e W = qV
And as you've said, q = it so e = vit. Now it follows that this enegry changed is exactly the same as the work done, so W = E

adomad

HSC!!
HSC
how about considering this:

work is measure in joules and so is energy. thus it follows that energy and work ar the same bloody thing. fooking year10

Last edited:

study-freak

Bored of
HSC

work is measure in joules and so is energy. thus it follows that energy and work ar the same bloody thing. fooking year 9
Work and energy are, strictly speaking, a bit different.
Basically, energy is used to do work. Work done is the result of application of energy. Hence, energy is more of an abstract concept - something that allows work to be done. Work is just what you can see in the end.

K

khorne

fooking year 9
Year 10 actually, Nice to see you're up to scratch on your subtraction and addition. And addressing your comment at my year, I am doing (as per sig) physics now, so I think I have a opinion as valid as anyone else in year 11.

Btw, Energy and Work is not the same. As I've said, the change in energy is work, as when work is done on an object, it's energy is changed (eg, moving something higher increases potential energy, and as such, work is done).

Maybe someone should calm down a bit, and "fooking" listen.

Last edited by a moderator:

adomad

HSC!!
HSC
Year 10 actually, Nice to see you're up to scratch on your subtraction and addition. And addressing your comment at my year, I am doing (as per sig) physics now, so I think I have a opinion as valid as anyone else in year 11.

Btw, Energy and Work is not the same. As I've said, the change in energy is work, as when work is done on an object, it's energy is changed (eg, moving something higher increases potential energy, and as such, work is done).

Maybe someone should calm down a bit, and "fooking" listen.
well maybe you should argue with a man who has a PhD. its is that same SI thus same shit

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
well maybe you should argue with a man who has a PhD. its is that same SI thus same shit
Why are you so hostile? It was you who asked the question, and he did you a favour by answering it.

You'll never get into med with an attitude like that.

K

khorne

No it's not

Ask your teacher if energy is the same as work.

BTW, we should probably clear up this dispute by clarifying which definition of W you have

There are two:
Old syllabus: W = Energy (w = vit means energy generated))
New Syllabus: W = qV = work (work EQUAL to energy gained or lost)
and E= Vit represents the work or the amount of energy gained or lost.

In essence, for the practical purposes in this topic, you can say that the energy released = work (which it is) but energy is not equal to work

Last edited by a moderator:

TearsOfFire

HSC
N/A
Why are you so hostile? It was you who asked the question, and he did you a favour by answering it.

It's cause he's a techie.

adomad

HSC!!
HSC

lol.

don't take thing seriously on forums.

energy is required to move objects. work (fs) is a measurement in energy (joules) so they are the same. then how can you get the equation E=VIt?

Last edited:
K

khorne

You're a tool, and I'm serious. Forums are places full of people..these people, surpise, are real people, so you should act like you would in real life. Grow up already.

adomad

HSC!!
HSC
You're a tool, and I'm serious. Forums are places full of people..these people, surpise, are real people, so you should act like you would in real life. Grow up already.
even though it is real people( and no i am not surprised), all it is is text. nothing more that a sequence of 1's and 0's that are being projected or displayed onto your computer screen. and other "real life people" punch keys on a keyboard that is decoded into 1's and 0's and they click submit post.. and the party continues. if you are using forums as an alternative for real life conversations or even think they are the same.......... there there is something wrong with you..

HSC
This is waht i have been taught:
E=V.I.T
comes from P=VI (power = volts x currents) & P=E/t (power= energy divided by time)
Sustitude the 'P's and therefore, VI = E/T and E=V.I.T

Witchking

LOTR Freak
HSC
First, Voltage = Current x Resistance
= I x R

Second, Power = Voltage x Current
= V x I

using Ohm's law we can obtain another equation for power

Power = Current x Resistance (a.k.a voltage) x Current
= I^2 x R

using the equation above a third equation can be stated

if u times the that equation above by 1 in terms of resistance i.e. multiply the equation by (R / R) you obtain:

Power = (I^2 x R^2) / R

= V^2/ R, since by Ohms law V = I x R therefore V^2 = I^2 x R^2

Third, Energy = Power x Time
= P x T, using one of the formulas of power from above
this can also be written as
= Voltage x Current x Time
= V x I x T

or a bunch of other formulas can be used

Energy = (V^2 x T) / R
= I^2 x R x T

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)