• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 11 Maths Woes. (1 Viewer)

blitzacer

HSC
Since the start of year 11 i've pretty much flunked all my test, first one i got around 50% and for my assessment, i'm pretty sure i've screwed that up as well. I do Maths extension, so i'm pretty stressed at the moment. Should i completely avoid the thought of taking up extension 2 in year 12? I go to a top 15 school if that helps a bit =(

Kulazzi

HSC
well, if ur doing well in ext. 1 then yes, you may go along with ext 2 for yr 12 otherwise if u already know, now, that you can't cope with it then scrap the idea. What skool do u go to?

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
Originally posted by blitzacer
Since the start of year 11 i've pretty much flunked all my test, first one i got around 50% and for my assessment, i'm pretty sure i've screwed that up as well. I do Maths extension, so i'm pretty stressed at the moment. Should i completely avoid the thought of taking up extension 2 in year 12? I go to a top 15 school if that helps a bit =(
its too early to be making decisions about what you are going to do in year 12. for now, you should be focussing on picking up your marks and trying to work out where you went wrong in your tests/assessments. if you lift your game now, and keep it up, you should be able to do ext 2 next year, but i would keep my focus on whats important NOW, rather than later.

Kulazzi

HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
U do have the option of not taking maths at all u know! :p
at our school, those girls who didn't choose maths were called up by the curriculum teacher and she persuaded ("forced") for them to at least choose general :rolleyes:

blitzacer

HSC
I go to FSHS =) and well, i guess i should start focusing more at school x_x, however i'm not considering the idea of dropping maths just because my parents are so uptight about maths and all....asians =(

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Re: Re: Year 11 Maths Woes.

Originally posted by virgin^sexy
its too early to be making decisions about what you are going to do in year 12. for now, you should be focussing on picking up your marks and trying to work out where you went wrong in your tests/assessments. if you lift your game now, and keep it up, you should be able to do ext 2 next year, but i would keep my focus on whats important NOW, rather than later.
i would think about the future, its better to be stressed now and get yourself sorted so next year you can have a smooth run. I have learnt this the lonnnnnnnnnnng way while dealing with my subjects.

But yeah if you get your together you may be able to get sorted and do ext 2 ... if u want to ... like if you dont really need to and dont really have a desire to do it dont

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Kulazzi
at our school, those girls who didn't choose maths were called up by the curriculum teacher and she persuaded ("forced") for them to at least choose general :rolleyes:
yeah at our school you have to do maths ( just the way the lines worked out) although obs you can drop it after year 11 and do 10 units for the hsc. Also though, some people have got out of doing maths by doing another course by correspondence and going to TAFE and stuff

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by blitzacer
I go to FSHS =) and well, i guess i should start focusing more at school x_x, however i'm not considering the idea of dropping maths just because my parents are so uptight about maths and all....asians =(
even if you just do 3 unit maths for the hsc its still good!

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
Originally posted by *girl04*
even if you just do 3 unit maths for the hsc its still good!
and its still good if you do 2u, or if you do general.

do what you are comfortable with and you will do much better than you would if you did a subject you didnt enjoy or understand.

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
Re: Re: Re: Year 11 Maths Woes.

Originally posted by *girl04*
i would think about the future, its better to be stressed now and get yourself sorted so next year you can have a smooth run. I have learnt this the lonnnnnnnnnnng way while dealing with my subjects.

But yeah if you get your together you may be able to get sorted and do ext 2 ... if u want to ... like if you dont really need to and dont really have a desire to do it dont
what happens if you decide at the beginning of year 11 that you are going to do certain subjects but by the end of the year, you find that you dont enjoy them as much as you thought you would, or you are excelling in others?

yes, its a good idea to think about the future, but there is no need to make decisions now about what you are going to be doing a year from now. situations change.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
^^^^ yeah you should have a "plan" but you should no think that it is the only way, stuff changes but you still have to try and look at the big picture

nike33

i feel u should do 4u or 2u or nothing... if you do 3u the 3u course takes so much more time than the 2u course and only worth 50..

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
i did 3U maths in year 11, and now im not doing any maths, at ruse. You don't need maths, the subject is over-rated.

The work people put into maths just seems disproportionate to the amount of work they do in other subjects to get the same marks :-/

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
if ur having yr 11 maths woes, it won't get any easier, you will be having yr 12 maths woes, unless you work harder

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by neo_o
i did 3U maths in year 11, and now im not doing any maths, at ruse. You don't need maths, the subject is over-rated.

The work people put into maths just seems disproportionate to the amount of work they do in other subjects to get the same marks :-/
that is sort of true i put soooooo much work into maths, more than 3 other subs combined, but i dont feel bad because you are meant to do maths@ ( like if i put heaps of work into say, chemistry, i would feel bad as it would be detracting from my other subjects, but with maths i feel like it what you are meant to do) weird but true

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC

dude... i got 50 in my first prelim assessment.. after that i worked my ASS off after gettin rejected for 4unit... and i got 96 [i deserved 98 tho] in my 2nd test... i go to top 16 [ahha not top 15] school as well so i kno how bad it feels to screw up whilst every1 around u is gettin top marks :)

im currently doin 4unit and enjoying it... :)
and most importantly - doin well

yr11 doesnt count so dont stress.. think of it as a wakeup call :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)