Year 11 Area of Study (1 Viewer)

chelle88

HSC
Hi
Yeah i'm starting year 11 nest year 2005 and was wondering where could I find out more about the area of stuay for year 11, there's heaps for the year 12 " the journey" but nothing for year 11.

Thanks for your help
Chelle88

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Most schools tend to do different things, at mine we did the "Human Condition", while at other schools i know they did something different. At anyrate, you should be enjoying this holidays that you have and distancing yourself from work as much as possible, believe me, you'll miss the bludgyness of those holidays as the year progresses.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
We did the 2002/2003 AOS: Change. Meh. It's yr 11 anyway. Do well, or not. Whatever you do learn from it and apply it to year 12.

onigiri

HSC
trying to get ahead i see! At my school we did Rites of Passage and we did change as well. But like what the others said you should be enjoying your holiday ;)

HSC
N/A
To my knowledge, there is nothing "set" for Yr 11 - the school sets it, and therefore, pretty much everyone did something different. I did "Discovery", but I think they're writing a new one for next year at my school...

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
don't year 11's have something called 'authority and rebellion' as their area of study?

HSC
N/A
No. As mentioned earlier, there is no set Board of Studies course - the school writes its own. Obviously it's intended as a kind of introduction to Journeys etc, but there is really nothing "set".

:D

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
yeah, my school did 2002's change as well. they just recycled a bunch of old resources on us. quite economical.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
we did justice, oh it was funny, because well, me and my classmates experienced the most injustice in that term with regards to marks........ it was so ironical... but it was cool i mean the whole world is full of injustice and it was fun because u got to criticise government and the system, oh it was such a debatable topic... however i must admit it may add to ur stress because well, u'll wanna argue, but the teacher will keep trying to shut u up and cut off those good rebuts u had.....

but oh well...

one serious bit of advice.... enjoy the holiday going from year 10 to 11 because seriosuly, that's the last real holiday ur gonna have, well at leat that's how it was for me... the only other good holiday u get is the two week break between yr 11 and 12 fro the start of term 4 which = term 1 year 12....

but hey that's what it was for me, cause we were always getting assessments on the holidays.....

i reckon u should spend ur holidays working or playing sports or something, but i mean if u wanna study ahead, no one's stopping u, good on u... just don't force urself to study, only study if u really want to, like if it's for the fun of it ( don't know if study could be fun.. but yeh).. maybe reading a novel or ur texts isn't such a problem....

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
I'm also amazed at how serious so many people are... I did almost no outside-of-school work during Yr 11 and Yr 12 unless I really needed to. Then again, I'm a firm believer in "homework should be purely supplementary"... so provided I knew the course confidently, then I considered myself fine. Ancient History was an entirely different kettle of fish, of course. That was merely procrastination. But anyway.

I considered Yr 11 to be more "Boot Camp for Year 12" more than anything else. It's really throwing you into the deep end, which is very overwhelming for most normal people. I'd agree with the earlier thread, and even go as far to say that you have Yr 11 to "practice" getting used to the new workload and ways of thinking (eg for english you have to "understand", not just memorise quotes), and then you'll be a lot more comfortable in Yr 12. :)

angel_fire

HSC
Our school did change fro year 11. The standard calss did changeing perspective and we (advance) did changing self. the standard class did Looking for Albrandi and we did macbeth as our set texts. We then did visual represtations and written assessment tasks where we had to find a related text. It was not that hard.

chelle88

HSC
Thanks so much for your help, it's greatly appreciated
When it comes to my studying its really hard cause im doing yr 12 over 2 years
im doing yr 12 maths but im doing prelim english in 2005

:)

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
our's was the "non-conformist", and my class read "The Mosquito Coast", although, trust me, no need to read the book, just watch the movie. i did that and got 20 for the essay :)

barrel_roll

Harmonic Dissonance
HSC
how about...

Is the area of study for yr 12 (2006) going to remain as "journeys"?

Scanorama

HSC
barrel_roll said:
Is the area of study for yr 12 (2006) going to remain as "journeys"?
Apparetly yes, the Area of Study is due to change for Year 12, 2007.

When I was in Year 11 two years ago, our school did Changing Perspective, our test was Looking for Alibrandi. We also studied some Mark O'Connor 's(or someone similar to that name, cant remember) poerms, and a book written by an Aboriginal author about how his life changed when he was thrown in the jail for assult and attempted murder.

chelle88

HSC
Hey :)
For those who are interested though I dont really think anyone cares, my area of study turned out to be Aggression. So if anyone has anything on it that would be a great help. Thankx once again
Michelle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)