Year 11 - A Waste Of Time? (1 Viewer)

Ace-Of-Spades

HSC
Just wondering, hell if i know, do our ranks that we came in Year 11 also go towards our UAI, or just the shit from year 12?

darkroomgirl

HSC
Just Year 12 stuff.

I dont think Yr 11's a total waste... thats when I got to throw away all of my bad study habits and learn what to do and what not to do. It's good practice 4 hsc.

freaked

HSC
Plus, year 11 is when you get to bug the year 12 for advise and their notes so you have an idea about the next year

Sar_28

HSC
i know that with general maths, 30% of the HSC course is from your prelim. year, therefore, up to 30% of the HSC exam can be on the preliminary years work. other than that, i dont think other subjects really matter

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
urm i personally felt yr 11 was a waste of time. 3 terms of sitting there jealous at the yr 12's....

rcandelori

Year 11 is there for a reason....to prepare you for year 12. Often, the huge jump in workload allows you to change your mindset about school and what you really want to achieve. Plus, once you find year 11 easy to cope with, the HSC won't seem as daunting, nor as hard. It would be quite pointless to plonk Year 12-style course work on students who've never had any similar experience; experience which Year 11 provides.

Ace-Of-Spades

HSC
so i gunned the year in different courses in year 11 and i only get raped by the system..phhff

rcandelori

Not quite. You aren't getting raped. Prelim is Prelim....it's practice. It doesn't mean you shouldn't try, because the principles of study and work you adopt in Year 11 will mostly likely carry forth into Year 12.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Year 11 was a waste of time
people can do no work in year 11 and then start working in year 12 and then do well. So many people have done that.

MarsBarz

HSC
Yeah year 11 is an absolute waste of time. I say if you're in year 11 forget about preliminary work and just start doing year 12 work.

Note that the only subjects which are worth studying in year 11 are maths and maybe, just maybe english.

But honestly, apart from maths, it is possible to cram most subjects in a matter of weeks. Some subjects (ie: SDD) have broad exams which require little detailed knowledge. Hell, just reading through the chapter reviews once will suffice.

Last edited:

Bo-batron

HSC
Oh the good ol' days

Yeah, I agree that a lot of Year 11 was a waste of time. Basically because it all meant nothing. But still, it was an important time because that's when people really started to come together, and we all grew up a lot. It was from then onwards when I started enjoying simply being in a classroom with everybody, because everybody was friends. That made school a lot more enjoyable, something that I am missing :)

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
you know what the teachers said after we got our final exams back after yr11,

"we dont care what you got it doesnt matter, your all at first place now so gl" something like that. we were like thanks..

7th Sign

HSC
year 11 is good it gets you in the senior year and give your a feel of what hsc will be like, your teachers treat you different you do more home work, sure people may say its a waste of time, then year k-10 is a waste aswell, in ipt a bit is formed from prelim, in gen 30% is formed from prelim, wood work builds on prelim skills to help you in year 12

year 11 is no way a waste its good its where you learn to grow up at school and start trying, I tried a bit in year 11 yet in year 12 I have really stepped it up spent shitloads of time doing assignments and stupid majior works I have not have holidays for ages if it dosnt pay off I will be pissed...to see people who didnt try as much as me get to uni!!!!!!!!!!majior anger!!!!

matt-17

HSC
Sar_28 said:
i know that with general maths, 30% of the HSC course is from your prelim. year, therefore, up to 30% of the HSC exam can be on the preliminary years work. other than that, i dont think other subjects really matter
sh*t!! wat happens if u didnt do prelim gen maths???? hope they dont go by my prelim maths 2u marks!!! they were the reason i dropped it!!!!!

pRiNCesS..!!

HSC
Ace-Of-Spades said:
Just wondering, hell if i know, do our ranks that we came in Year 11 also go towards our UAI, or just the shit from year 12?
only year 12 counts..year 11 was a complete waste of time..i wish it wasnt thou i wish it could have all been combined..would have been so much easier

studynoob

HSC
N/A
how can you say year 11 was a waste of time it indeed was the best time of my school years! smoking weed, skating in school, fights, talking shit back at the 12ers, beating little troubled kids becuase THATS WHAT THEY DESERVE (fucking soft parentals) wagging school to skate at five dock with my skate friends, lagging off school work starting random shit like fireworks at 2am getting drunk and sleeping in a carpark lol good times good times! now the hsc is upon me im gonna say sober for as much as possible and try my best this time! but i cant trust myself lol! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)