Year 11 2014 Chat :) (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnerloos

TAFE Executive Officer
HSC
How come you only have 11 units in your signature for your preliminary subjects?
Cause 12 units is too mainstream.

jokes. I do catholic studies and dat doesnt count towards an atar so i didnt add it to my sig. (not sure if it was a bad idea to drop sor for catholic studies...)

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Night guys :) thank god tomorrow is Friday

J280

HSC
Guys I need help with a physics question (relative velocity)

Two trains are passing each other. Train A is moving east at 13 m/s, train B travelling west at 28 m/s.
a) What is the velocity of train A relative to train B?
b) What is the velocity of train B relative to train A?

Sorry I just don't get it :/

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Guys I need help with a physics question (relative velocity)

Two trains are passing each other. Train A is moving east at 13 m/s, train B travelling west at 28 m/s.
a) What is the velocity of train A relative to train B?
b) What is the velocity of train B relative to train A?

Sorry I just don't get it :/
Put them into vector components, so that you set one direction as positive, one direction as negative.

So a) asks us to put it into relative terms of train B. So we assign the direction of train B as positive (west). Now since train A is moving east at 13 m/s, we can say that it is travelling -13 m/s west.

To find the velocity of train A relative to B, we must find the difference in velocity. So we do:

Notice that to find the difference, you have to take away the velocity of one from the other.

Do b) and you should get this by using the same method:

Last edited:

J280

HSC
Put them into vector components, so that you set one direction as positive, one direction as negative.

So a) asks us to put it into relative terms of train B. So we assign the direction of train B as positive (west). Now since train A is moving east at 13 m/s, we can say that it is travelling -13 m/s west.

To find the velocity of train A relative to B, we must find the difference in velocity. So we do:

Notice that to find the difference, you have to take away the velocity of one from the other.

Do b) and you should get this by using the same method:

Thank you so much.. you are a lifesaver :)
Better get to sleep soon lol

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Morning people
I can barely keep my eyes open

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
So.... This weekend homework wise I have 2U, 3U maths textbook work, I need to finish an assignment for biology, got to do some practice tests on the symbols for chemistry, I have to do multiple choice questions and skills from the textbook for economics, and I need to compose a creative writing piece on my AOS.

If I'm done with all with those, I might make syllabus dot point notes for chemistry, biology and economics.

Man, the workload is piling up really fast. :(

studynerd

HSC
Has anyone started to make some meaning full notes for their mid term exam?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Has anyone started to make some meaning full notes for their mid term exam?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Yeah mostly on the weekends.
Weekend homework: 15 exercises for math , chem report, bio report, 5 bio worksheets, start English portfolio, 2 English adv analysis sons extension English research + notes
Fun :)

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Yeah mostly on the weekends.
Weekend homework: 15 exercises for math , chem report, bio report, 5 bio worksheets, start English portfolio, 2 English adv analysis sons extension English research + notes
Fun :)
:O crap, that's more than mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)