Year 11 2014 Chat :) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

J280

HSC
Ok I'm sorry but that is a really stupid and careless thing for your school to do. They are the ones who made the classes so they should know how many students they put, more so they can't just drop students because they don't rank well in the FIRST ever quiz that you do. They should've created another physics class, sorry it just makes me upset that people like you who are willing to learn and keen to do the subject should have to drop it over your schools stupidity. Any who, tell us your options and I'll do my best to help :)
I agree in that they should have created another class (15/15 split?), but there may be staff restrictions as well...

Examine

same
HSC
They mixed 2 and 3 unit together at my school,
IMO that's good, because unlike 4u Maths where you deal with different topics to 2u/3u, many 3u topics delve into the harder parts of 2u topics so it's good to learn them together.

Last edited:

IcyRain

HSC
Had two free periods today. Used them to finish SoR homework, then I had nothing to do for an hour and a half so just made some typed notes for business studies.

itsBozza

HSC
Ok I'm sorry but that is a really stupid and careless thing for your school to do. They are the ones who made the classes so they should know how many students they put, more so they can't just drop students because they don't rank well in the FIRST ever quiz that you do. They should've created another physics class, sorry it just makes me upset that people like you who are willing to learn and keen to do the subject should have to drop it over your schools stupidity. Any who, tell us your options and I'll do my best to help :)
Thank you :D for caring, but im not too sure about my options but im going to make sure i do good in that quiz.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Haha I wish that would happen... English is also my weakest subject :cry:
BTW, any tips for oral presentations? I have one coming up in a few weeks :(
I have wanted to do a thread for tips for oral presentations for quite a while now, and your question has just inspired me to do just that. Have a read at this thread I just wrote-hopefully it will assist you to ace your upcoming oral presentation. My favourite assessments were oral presentations:) Please tell me if this helps:)
http://community.boredofstudies.org...d-hsc-student-how-ace-oral-presentations.html

Last edited:

J280

HSC

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
waaaaaahh im so scared lol :p and im reaaally not happy with my timetable :/ the days are way too long. its too much. By 4th period im already tired :/ the past two days have been ok though and im pretty happy with my subjects.

J280

HSC
waaaaaahh im so scared lol :p and im reaaally not happy with my timetable :/ the days are way too long. its too much. By 4th period im already tired :/ the past two days have been ok though and im pretty happy with my subjects.
Make sure you get enough sleep and rest. From Year 10 onwards I've been sleeping a lot more and it's really been beneficial in staying awake at school :)

Also make sure you don't burn out before Year 12, when everything really counts :)

By the way, do you have any free periods?

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
Make sure you get enough sleep and rest. From Year 10 onwards I've been sleeping a lot more and it's really been beneficial in staying awake at school :)

Also make sure you don't burn out before Year 12, when everything really counts :)

By the way, do you have any free periods?
ok, im going to try and sleep more. last night I only got about 6 and a half hours of sleep :( i could fall asleep right now but i have homework to do :(
yeah im not gonna overdo it this year :3
i dont have any free periods between classes, but on mondays and tuesdays I get to leave school early. on monday i get to leave 5th period and tuesday at lunchtime which im happy with :D but the rest of the week is so full on :(

J280

HSC
ok, im going to try and sleep more. last night I only got about 6 and a half hours of sleep :( i could fall asleep right now but i have homework to do :(
yeah im not gonna overdo it this year :3
i dont have any free periods between classes, but on mondays and tuesdays I get to leave school early. on monday i get to leave 5th period and tuesday at lunchtime which im happy with :D but the rest of the week is so full on :(
Oh wow 6.5 hours is not going to cut it, I'd say 8-9 hours is optimal but everyone's bodies work differently so just try to get as much as possible.
On the days that you are really tired/get to leave early, try using that time for a mini 10-minute power nap. It works wonders for me :)

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
Oh wow 6.5 hours is not going to cut it, I'd say 8-9 hours is optimal but everyone's bodies work differently so just try to get as much as possible.
On the days that you are really tired/get to leave early, try using that time for a mini 10-minute power nap. It works wonders for me :)
yeah i was completely dead today. i need alot of sleep..its just im up late because all through the holidays i was sleeping at like 2am and waking up really late :'(
ooh naps ahaha i would so take a nap now..but i probably wont wake up lol :3

Myrdred

HSC
Ummm is anyone else starting Maths Extension 1 work? Got my Cambridge 3U book today and we have done 2 exercises already lol

J280

HSC
Ummm is anyone else starting Maths Extension 1 work? Got my Cambridge 3U book today and we have done 2 exercises already lol
Well we've been doing the extension questions (green section) of the Cambridge book (Methods in Algebra) if that counts, lol

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Aw same here :( today I was yawning in this morning meeting we had and my year adviser was laughing at me , also ended yawning in 2u at the end of the day

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
guys need help with a math question, a car was increased by 20% to a new price of $9000, what was the original price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)