Year 11 2014 Chat :) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
I though modern would b good but my teacher just keeps yelling about "modernity" and "marxism" and everyone laughs because he's a pretentious prick :)
u fink he's being a pretentious prick, i've learnt so much fancy vocab from ma engrish tutor such as:

- prima facie
- delineate
- preamble
- human condition
- malady
- pedantic
- monotonous
- plethora
- nouveau riche
- differance

etc, etc...

---

and yeah, I didn't realise that modern is conducive to rote learning which doesn't help the fact that I have a shit memory

Simran-

HSC
I always struggled with maths even with a tutor... the logic was sound but the ideas were too abstract for me to wrap my head around...
I see a lot more beauty in English than in Maths, but maybe that's just me :)
Same here. Struggled with maths even with a tutor. maths just doesn't make any sense to me- like where's the logic in finding the roots of something or the point of something or the equation of something??

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Same here. Struggled with maths even with a tutor. maths just doesn't make any sense to me- like where's the logic in finding the roots of something or the point of something or the equation of something??
That's fair enough.

Tbh, I view maths as a subject where you see the concepts, or you don't (if that makes sense).

mp2250

HSC
That's fair enough.

Tbh, I view maths as a subject where you see the concepts, or you don't (if that makes sense).
yeah i understand what you mean. I was always in the latter...
I'd ask people about questions and they'd go "Because of this... this is this and the answer is whatever" and even though they'd explain it clearly it still really didn't tick over in my head... idk how to explain it.

mp2250

HSC
u fink he's being a pretentious prick, i've learnt so much fancy vocab from ma engrish tutor such as:

- prima facie
- delineate
- preamble
- human condition
- malady
- pedantic
- monotonous
- plethora
- nouveau riche
- differance

etc, etc...

---

and yeah, I didn't realise that modern is conducive to rote learning which doesn't help the fact that I have a shit memory

also add "cyclical nature" I had to use that so often in english aha

matchalolz

HSC
Ikr! Maths is great cause there's actual logic.

If anything, I would drop English if it wasn't compulsory.
i second this. I don't understand the point of english. HOw do people even come up with weird analysis after reading random things? Especially with poems and shakespeare, I have so much trouble trying to interpret what's going on. Maybe it's becoz I'm from overseas (something my english teacher has implied) but it's so unfair that english has to count for the ATAR :mad:

i do admit that english extension is a tad easier than advanced but because i struggle so much at reading, even that becomes hard because I don't have the time or energy to read my set texts

tbh maths makes so much more sense and it's so much more fun! no stupid things to memorise because I derive a lot of my formulas

mp2250

HSC
i second this. I don't understand the point of english. HOw do people even come up with weird analysis after reading random things? Especially with poems and shakespeare, I have so much trouble trying to interpret what's going on. Maybe it's becoz I'm from overseas (something my english teacher has implied) but it's so unfair that english has to count for the ATAR :mad:

i do admit that english extension is a tad easier than advanced but because i struggle so much at reading, even that becomes hard because I don't have the time or energy to read my set texts

tbh maths makes so much more sense and it's so much more fun! no stupid things to memorise because I derive a lot of my formulas
haha i understand what you mean :)

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A

+1

I was gonna write up a massive rant on the flaws of English, but somehow the internet crashed. *shakes fist*

Anyhow, regardless of whether we dislike or suck at it - it's important to stick with your guns for the next year, because there's no point letting yourself be the self-serving excuse that you failed if you hadn't addressed your weaknesses in the very first place.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
monday morning... time to begin the last week of year 11 ;^;
Year 11 has been a massive wake up call for me; the lack of consistency has really hurt my marks/ranks.

Need to get my shit together for next term lol.

IcyRain

HSC
God I hate the English advance modules paper, probably my worst exam. Well at least I finished it this morning. Only General Maths left now, should be alright.

Fiction

HSC
My maths sucked in yr 7-9 xD I'm so glad (and slightly annoyed) that year 11 reteaches you everything that you learn in year 7-10 (at least my school did) b/c personally I got stressed studying about maths precisely because I didn't know where to start. (as stupid as that sounds haha)

+1

I was gonna write up a massive rant on the flaws of English, but somehow the internet crashed. *shakes fist*

Anyhow, regardless of whether we dislike or suck at it - it's important to stick with your guns for the next year, because there's no point letting yourself be the self-serving excuse that you failed if you hadn't addressed your weaknesses in the very first place.
LOL the world is against you ranting about engrish

idk, english is just formatting an argument. An argument must flow. Therefore it must be logical.
I don't get how you can get away without logic for english. VA on the other hand...

Fiction

HSC
Got results back for ag, 68% RIP
asdlkfjasfdj<3 What do you learn in agriculture? 8D Do you have any sessions with farm animals? :) <~ is too lazy to look up the syllabus

As crazy as this sounds, agri seems pretty fun c: In a naive way. Like you could be frollicking in a meadow with rainbow laying chickens or cows or something :p

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Bio and eco are both in two days

That's enough time to cram

GO GO GO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)