Year 10 SRP NEED IDEAS QUICK (1 Viewer)

LooneyLisha

HSC
Today i recieved my Srp and i have 2 weeks to complete it. I have to hand it all in on Monday the 12th of April 2013. I had the idea to test the behaviour of fish on the lighting or music playing in the background, but my Dad went off at me saying even though i was paying for the fish and everything i couldn't have it. So im back to square one...And i need idea asap! Need to start like tomorrow almost. Please. Really need any good ideas....

LooneyLisha

HSC
I don't fully understand how that would work as a research project...

CM07

HSC
I investigated the effect of temperature on magnets. I did it the day before, modified my results a little and got a good mark.

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Today i recieved my Srp and i have 2 weeks to complete it. I have to hand it all in on Monday the 12th of April 2013. I had the idea to test the behaviour of fish on the lighting or music playing in the background, but my Dad went off at me saying even though i was paying for the fish and everything i couldn't have it. So im back to square one...And i need idea asap! Need to start like tomorrow almost. Please. Really need any good ideas.....
?

macrazy

HSC
I did how storage method effects the amount of vitamin C in oranges. Took it to a competition and won $200 so it must have been alright :)

deviouswatch

HSC
A pendulum would work, if you take Physics you have a good look at pendulum motion. I suggest you take a look at this here:
http://www.physicsclassroom.com/Class/waves/u10l0c.cfm
What you'd be looking at is the influences on the period(time for one motion) or the speed of the motion etc.

However I did something a little bit abstract, I looked at the effect that changing conditions had on mould growth.
Got a solid A so I was happy.

LooneyLisha

HSC
I'm doing what washing powder works better and whether hot or cold water would work better....Would you think that, that would be worth alot of marks?

macrazy

HSC
@looneylisha I would just do one (ie. Which powder OR hot vs. Cold) because really you have two separate experiemnts there. If I was you I would esperiment to see which washing powder is best in comparison to cost. My only other advice would be make sure you have a way to prove that your jusdgements were fair or maybe define 'works best' a little more - what is best? Removing set in stains? Recent stains? Smell? Softness? "Best" is a very vague term :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)