Year 10 Mathematics in Vietnam (1 Viewer)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
The reason that some people think maths is hard is because they never really mastered the basic skills to begin with.

From my experience usually the weaker mathematics students lack the fundamental understanding and skills in concepts such as basic algebra, logic or functions. This often causes them to rote learn examples rather than actually understand (even at a surface level) what is going on.

You can make the senior curriculum as hard as you want but if the average student doesn't have the right foundations to begin with then a harder senior curriculum would only favour higher end students.
That's why you make it so that failing students can't pass year 1 or any year if they fail a subject.

Alternatively , introduce a minimum pass mark.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
That's why you make it so that failing students can't pass year 1 or any year if they fail a subject.

Rip i would have repeated minimum 4yrs since i got fail grades from kindy- yr3 haha

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Rip i would have repeated minimum 4yrs since i got fail grades from kindy- yr3 haha

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
A lot of people would.

We really shouldn't be letting people move on if they get shockingly low marks.

In Australia it's all about meeting "outcomes" , which probably jus means to finish your work.

That has little weight in terms of improving standards .

It would also make people care more too lol,

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
The reason that some people think maths is hard is because they never really mastered the basic skills to begin with.

From my experience usually the weaker mathematics students lack the fundamental understanding and skills in concepts such as basic algebra, logic or functions. This often causes them to rote learn examples rather than actually understand (even at a surface level) what is going on.

You can make the senior curriculum as hard as you want but if the average student doesn't have the right foundations to begin with then a harder senior curriculum would only favour higher end students.
This is true and there are students out there who hate mathematics. Also if ppl were strong in maths, do you think there'd be a possibility that we'd be a super sayan maths country?

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A

wtf, why not torture them with maths if they fail year 1 lol? Make them do so much maths until they pass and make them spend all their holidays doing maths until they become smarter lol

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
A lot of people would.

We really shouldn't be letting people move on if they get shockingly low marks.

In Australia it's all about meeting "outcomes" , which probably jus means to finish your work.

That has little weight in terms of improving standards .

It would also make people care more too lol,
Yeah, we should make Australia like a "Kurt mathematics centre" in epping lol

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I don't know about China, but Hong Kong is crazy. I may be wrong, but according the document attached, it seems like the students sit 2x 3 hour exams... on the same day! The first from 8:30am to 11:30am, then 1:30pm to 4:30pm. In terms of difficulty, it goes quite well beyond Extension 2. A lot of real analysis.

Here is the 2010 one.

View attachment 33126
Do you think a state ranker could do these Q's?

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
In addition to what's been previously said, the implementation of a syllabus in the first place proves to be a constraint on teachers. No longer do teachers tailor their lessons to the students needs and wants but rather show a strict adherence to a syllabus that somehow is mindful of everyone's abilities.

My aforementioned point also illustrates the decline of our teaching standards. Teachers are no longer distinguished, you don't search for quality anymore but rather mindless monkeys (not all the time, I've met quiet some teachers who've influenced me greatly) whose only burden is following the syllabus.
That's why they could accept teachers on their proven dedication and teaching skill rather than hire some random teacher

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Oh I am reasonably confident that the media will have a field day when that happens, and they will almost certainly find some way to mention 'too many Asians in selective schools'.
Then y not put in more selective schools. I know in Melbourne there's only like 4 and in NSW there's like 20 (fully) and like ..can't remember the specifics

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
After skimming through these questions, the average 4U student could do maybe 3/4 of these questions, but not in the time limit given.
woah...these are much harder than the BOS trials, I'm assuming

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
tbh, I don't think I would want my children to do the HSC syllabus in general
would rather move or go the IB route

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)