year 10 formal (1 Viewer)

MissGiggles

HSC
want2beasenior said:
We have a mass and our 'social', but they're completely separate: our social is purely...social and there no type of religious thing whatsoever. :)
social? this is australia, not america! if only our school wasn't worried about our 'spiritual wellbeing' (*gag*). we have liturgies for everything. sometimes its good we 'celebrate' religious days (like our school goes st dominic crazy on his feast day coz we're a dominican school) but otherwise we're just like every other school but with a zillion times more prayer.

we're having the formal in a hall thats part of the cathedral so its not getting much seperate but we're allowed to go completely crazy once the mass part's over. its where every catholic school in the maitland-newcastle diocese seems to have their mass and formal. they moved ours a day early for the benefit of the maitland school.

it wont be as bad as my yr 6 graduation. it was a mass and then everyone was invited to the church hall for 'supper'. everyone was supposed to bring a plate but no-one did so the president and the treasurer ran down to coles and bought sandwiches

Last edited:

Miss Sunshine

HSC
N/A
btw girl who goes to kincoppal, im pretty sure i went to a 'leadership' thing at ur school, and if its the school im thinking of it was heaps nice!
but i forget to be honest.[/quote]

What did you have to do at the leadership course???

Was it like a 3 day thing?

i love to act

HSC
charlesdinio said:
omggg.. everyones rules are so strict!
im a kings boy, both our year 10 and 12 formals were about $110 PP, we could take anyone and there was no teachers or anything involved.
The school helped organise it but didn't restrict anything.
my year 12 formal was a few weeks ago and exact same deal!
cant believe some of the rules... jokeeeeeeee.

btw girl who goes to kincoppal, im pretty sure i went to a 'leadership' thing at ur school, and if its the school im thinking of it was heaps nice!
but i forget to be honest.
hi! yeah, I go to Kincoppal.
Yeah, our school looks out onto the harbour, pretty awesome, but I'm just so used to it (been there since year 5).
Leadership day? you probably did come because I remember going to your school - is kings near parramatta? because I had to go to a debating seminar thing there. You have HUGE grounds! I loved your dining room - so awesome!!

vongSTAA

HSC
Ours got cancelled last year, what a joke.

It was never considered a "formal" before though, it started off as this casual cruise thing years ago but ended up turning into a formal-like event lol. I'm pretty sure it was an open event (we could bring whoever we wanted to).

lol I know so many people at other schools who are going in like stretch hummers.

dancegurl

HSC
my formal costs around $90 pp, which is reasonable coz we'll have it in darling harbour...dis place i dont even know..lolz..but i think it's gonna be pretty cool.. cant wait!:rolleyes:

fully223

HSC
dancegurl said:
my formal costs around $90 pp, which is reasonable coz we'll have it in darling harbour...dis place i dont even know..lolz..but i think it's gonna be pretty cool.. cant wait!:rolleyes:
That's exactly the same as our school.

mikiiFMF

HSC
my formal's in some fancy hall called Curzon's hall or something...
and the tickets are $76.
pretty much rule-less in contrast to other pple's formals, but i guess that's 'coz our school "takes no responsibility for it".
i am not taking a date, but my entire group of friends aren't. we're an all girls school anyway =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)