• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 10 and Year 9 to be tested? (1 Viewer)

chiselwick

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,

My class was told by our school that only year 10 will be tested for history AND geography.

"No year 9 work will be in it" is what we were told. Is that right? The BOS says stage 4 and 5.... I'm really unsure about what to study...

Kujah

HSC
N/A
For History and Geography, the topics that will be tested will ONLY be those from Year 10. So:

History: Vietnam, Changing Rights and Freedom, People, Power and Politics, and Australia's Cultural History
Geography: Management Issue, Regional and Global Links, Our Future

Science: Year 9 and 10
English: Yr 9-10
Maths: broad topics from what weve learnt from yr 7-10

The SC's scope statement for 2006 can be viewed in this website:
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/schoolcertificate/ahgcc_scope_specs_06.html

Last edited:

Artemis.

HSC
I'm pretty sure there's content in it from Year 9 as well for History at least, there was in last years SC. There's a few questions about the World Wars etc. Nothing too hard, but from memory there was some Year 9 work in there.
Don't hold me to that though.

Edit: reading that Scope Statement, methinks I may be wrong.

Last edited:

besbes

HSC
Artemis. said:
I'm pretty sure there's content in it from Year 9 as well for History at least, there was in last years SC. There's a few questions about the World Wars etc. Nothing too hard, but from memory there was some Year 9 work in there.
Don't hold me to that though.

Edit: reading that Scope Statement, methinks I may be wrong.
but dont forget, this year, they are changing the syllabus. so i think the stuff inside the SC this year would be different to the past years.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Yeah. I think we're also getting stimulus materials as well for the other subjects like Science and History. Like i said previously, im pretty confident that Yr 10 Content will be ONLY be tested in this year's SC. Just look at scope statement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)