YAy!!! (1 Viewer)

santaslayer

HSC
http://media.uow.edu.au/news/2004/0928a/index.html

Nothing to do...dont wanna study so i thought id do a little promotional spamming for UoW. :p

UOW mooters talk medicine. . .
Sep 28, 2004

University of Wollongong law students are among the best in the country at using quick tongues and sharp wit to debate legal hypotheticals.

UOW law students Thomas Spohr, Molly Choucair, Joel Hiscox and Ben Motro have recently returned from a national legal debating competition called the SRM Torts Moot, where they finished a close second.

The event was run by the Queensland University of Technology (QUT) and was, for the first time, opened up to interstate teams.

The competing mooters had to prepare substantial written memorials (well researched statements of argument) and then participate in a ‘round-robin’ of moots over three days. The other competing universities included the University of Sydney, Macquarie University, University of Technology Sydney, University of Queensland and Queensland University of Technology.

The UOW team made it to the final and were faced with the twin challenges of a hypothetical problem of medical negligence, and the University of Queensland (UQ) moot team.

Specifically, the teams had to determine whether a patient who had relied on a medical expert’s assurances that he would perform a particular operation, could sue for damages on the basis that the operation was in fact carried out (without the patient’s knowledge) by a less experienced doctor. Complications had arisen and it was up to the mooters to establish the legal possibilities and ramifications.

Ruth Davis, lecturer in the Faculty of Law, was extremely pleased with the team’s efforts.

“They worked very hard in preparing for the written and oral aspects of the moot and their success was well deserved, especially considering this is our first attempt at entering this type of competition,” she said.

The teams also impressed senior solicitor Jodie Collins, who said that she was 'flabbergasted' at how good the speakers were.

"They were eloquent, strategic, tactical and very sharp under pressure - it was enjoyable to watch."

-RP

-a-s-h-i-

HSC
!!!!BoRiNG!!!!

Why Put This Stupid Stuff For People To Waste There Time On???

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
-a-s-h-i- said:
Why Put This Stupid Stuff For People To Waste There Time On???
Sshh. Until you realise the way the world is and how Santa fits into it, let him promote the wonderful tertiary education institution which is the University of Wollongong. :D

He does the promotional work on here so we don't have to. :)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Oh, And Why The Need To Capitalise Every Starting Letter Of Every Word?

mishka

HSC
N/A
i got a postcard from UoW today wishing me good luck in the HSC...
nice bunch, i thought, also considering that cool RULER i got from them too!! :p
not forgetting the CD Rom i also received earlier in the year... hmmm, very nice bunch...

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Raiks said:
Oh, And Why The Need To Capitalise Every Starting Letter Of Every Word?
Because that person (mistakingly) thinks that every word is a proper noun?

Santa promotes UoW enough for both him and myself, since I'll jump at a chance to put it down. >:)

santaslayer

HSC
Well...I've changed the way I do this kinda stuff...

I was thinking of putting it in the University- General forum but then thought I'd attract too many SantaSlayer bashers....so yeah...:p

Ziff

HSC
N/A
What did you get for the Contract law assignment? :p

Pudgedog

i have a winnie the pooh ruler.

not really to do with anything, but i saw the word ruler, and i thought you guys might like to know.

its really snazzy.

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Talk about spam center ~~ ;)
All i do is give u reps so u better thank me
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to santaslayer again.
:cool:

santaslayer

HSC
That means you didn't rep me you idiot.

You have to rep 20 people before you rep me again. Stupid policy. :p

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
santaslayer said:
Well...I've changed the way I do this kinda stuff...

I was thinking of putting it in the University- General forum but then thought I'd attract too many SantaSlayer bashers....so yeah...:p
Nah I would have just moved it here. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)