YAY we're on the news (1 Viewer)

mathslover

HSC
Wth?
soeone plz explain to me what happened in the news? i didnt watch it.
Are the govt chnaging the syll to make it on grammar wat on earth?
id dieee if they did that I LOVE GRAMMAR WHY CHANGE IT THE YEAR I FINISH
SOMEONE PLZ EXPLAIN!

r.uss

HSC
bekmay said:
hahah yeah makes you feel old eh...
every school! we should be learning way more about how to write our language than we do! people that can't spell properly piss me off.
People who make simple grammatical mistakes piss me off too! You don't refer to people as 'that'.

B

bekmay

r.uss said:
People who make simple grammatical mistakes piss me off too! You don't refer to people as 'that'.
sorry. people who can't spell properly piss me off. see, if we had learnt grammar through school like we should have, i wouldn't have people like you correcting me

haaychlovesdan

KIK ASS PREMIUM MEMBER
HSC
i believe that the subject which we are taught should not longer be called english.
we are simply taught literature. i hate the fact that the teachers at our school no longer encourage students to spell correctly or include proper grammer in their essays and stories. i cant tell you how many times they have said "you wont get marked down for incorrect spelling."

mathslover

HSC
bekmay said:
sorry. people who can't spell properly piss me off. see, if we had learnt grammar through school like we should have, i wouldn't have people like you correcting me
mhmm. im sick of correcting people, and they judge me and think im a bitch cz i sound like im trying to put em down.. when im not.. it just annoys me.. ur grammatical error is nowhere near as bad as the shit ive come across.. the worst ones are when they spell "your" as "youre" or vice-versa. and putting the apostrohe in numbers or words like "UAIs" and TNCs" i mean, i havent come across anyone on this site that does it withiout the apostrophes!!! same with numbers... its not the 1980's IT'S THE 1980s!!!!!! NO APOSTROPHES!!!! please edit ur sigs after the hsc people. ur aiming for the 90s not the 90's!

so news? wat happedned plz do tell !

Last edited:
B

bekmay

mathslover said:
mhmm. im sick of correcting people, and they judge me and think im a bitch cz i sound like im trying to put em down.. when im not.. it just annoys me.. ur grammatical error is nowhere near as bad as the shit ive come across.. the worst ones are when they spell "your" as "youre" or vice-versa. and putting the apostrohe in numbers or words like "UAIs" and TNCs" i mean, i havent come across anyone on this site that does it withiout the apostrophes!!! same with numbers... its not the 1980's IT'S THE 1980s!!!!!! NO APOSTROPHES!!!! please edit ur sigs after the hsc people. ur aiming for the 90s not the 90's!
this generation are taking spelling and grammar for granted cz of net, sms and wat not. gah makin no snse..

so news? wat happedned plz do tell !
haha gosh well just ignore them and know that you're much smarter and therefore will go further in life. lol.

uh well on the news there were people. doing their hsc. well not actually, they were just pretending LOL.

mathslover

HSC
bekmay said:
haha gosh well just ignore them and know that you're much smarter and therefore will go further in life. lol.

uh well on the news there were people. doing their hsc. well not actually, they were just pretending LOL.
hmm soz for the outburst.
yer but what about the grammar?

2S1D3

HSC
haaychlovesdan said:
i believe that the subject which we are taught should not longer be called english.
we are simply taught literature. i hate the fact that the teachers at our school no longer encourage students to spell correctly or include proper grammer in their essays and stories. i cant tell you how many times they have said "you wont get marked down for incorrect spelling."
Yea I reckon they should encourage better grammar but still keep the syllabus as it is now.

B

bekmay

mathslover said:
hmm soz for the outburst.
yer but what about the grammar?
um something about the government introducing a new grammar system for schools, so we actually learn it. LOL.

ArnoldS

HSC
haaychlovesdan said:
i hate the fact that the teachers at our school no longer encourage students to spell correctly or include proper grammer in their essays and stories.
Oh, I can tell.

mathslover

HSC
bekmay said:
um something about the government introducing a new grammar system for schools, so we actually learn it. LOL.
wowww :(
they should always have done that.
If our HSC had a section on spelling and grammar, Id be one my way to a Band 6..:(

ArnoldS

HSC
mathslover said:
wowww :(
they should always have done that.
If our HSC had a section on spelling and grammar, Id be one my way to a Band 6..:(
Not with that kind of spelling.

mathslover

HSC
ArnoldS said:
LOL. twas a typo!
haha everyone is having a go at everyone else's spelling rofl.
I think we should finish this discussion AFTER our HSC!

B

bekmay

ArnoldS said:
haven't you got anything better to do? just asking seeing as though you say you did your HSC 10 years ago... what are you doing on here?

Marinatos

HSC
black_kat_meow said:
If grammar and spelling still need to be taught in year 12, something is really wrong.
Something is really wrong. I was never taught grammar in primary school. That could just have been my shitty primary school, but I doubt it. I mean, we did adjective and verb, but that was it. I learnt about conjunctions and whatnot playing educational computer games! The whole education system is pretty screwed.

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
Black Hawker said:
You could see in the shots that we didn't know what to write.
haha yeh they zoomed in on one girl and i just knew no school would allow that during an exam! she was just sitting there like chewing on her pencil looking at the paper like she was thinking real hard haha.
oh the things the media will make people do for a story.

addycastro

HSC
bekmay said:
Lol that is a sad opinion. >.>

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
any funny spelling mistakes?

lol i knew a guy who would spell 'exactly' as 'egzactly'...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)