YAY we're on the news (1 Viewer)

B

bekmay

i feel special because we were on the news for our english exams today hahah.
what do people think about the inclusion of more grammar that the aust. govt will be introducing?

ASNSWR127

HSC
Good plan

We wasted far too much time on useless and fluffy topics like "imaginitive journey's" rasther than learning the English language.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
fuck, i remember watching the news last few years and seeing this exact same news article.

makes me sad, im growing old.

B

bekmay

hahah yeah makes you feel old eh...
every school! we should be learning way more about how to write our language than we do! people that can't spell properly piss me off.

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC
u-borat said:
fuck, i remember watching the news last few years and seeing this exact same news article.

makes me sad, im growing old.

-_-

B

bekmay

Miffstaa said:
i just saw that...hang on was that the one where the interview asks:
whats an adjective etc?
yesh yesh it was... with that weird guy and i forgot his answer but the person interviewing him LOLd hahh

HSC
ASNSWR127 said:
Good plan

We wasted far too much time on useless and fluffy topics like "imaginitive journey's" rasther than learning the English language.
The sad thing is, we've spent 11 years doing this crap and yet we still need to spend more time on it.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
I think it's great they'll be putting more grammar and what not in. I know so many people that actually can't spell for shit. And I don't just mean particularly hard words, just fucking words in general. And I think that's so silly. Poop to IJ's, teach kids how to freaking read and write =)

ASNSWR127

HSC
Hollieee said:
I think it's great they'll be putting more grammar and what not in. I know so many people that actually can't spell for shit. And I don't just mean particularly hard words, just fucking words in general. And I think that's so silly. Poop to IJ's, teach kids how to freaking read and write =)
yeah teach us all how to reed and right!

harryboyles

HSC
bekmay said:
yesh yesh it was... with that weird guy and i forgot his answer but the person interviewing him LOLd hahh
I'm pretty sure it was something along the lines of "adjective, a describing word ... like scared and on the spot"

I LOL'd at that as well

B

bekmay

harryboyles said:
I'm pretty sure it was something along the lines of "adjective, a describing word ... like scared and on the spot"

I LOL'd at that as well
haha yeah that was it... he represented most of us quite well, i think.

ASNSWR127

HSC

Chibios

is totally a-MUSE-d!
HSC
I would so totally pwn English if they put the emphasis on grammar and such...because then I'd stop being completely bewildered everytime I look at 'In the Wild'

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
or i could not waste 50 mins every school day with absolute rubbish...

To put it in perspective I did not attend more than one English lesson every week all of last term and still managed to get 6/45 as a rank.

That is how useless the teaching and learning of imaginative journeys is
your school isnt that highly ranked? you think due to your high rank at your school would be the same rank you would have at another school or is it the incompetence of the actual teacher?

Eclipse008

HSC
N/A
It was "stressed... and on the spot," and how funny was that chick who goes "I just memorised my essays, so pretty much I just had to regurgitate them on the paper." My mother goes "charming" when she heard that. lol

B

bekmay

Eclipse008 said:
It was "stressed... and on the spot," and how funny was that chick who goes "I just memorised my essays, so pretty much I just had to regurgitate them on the paper." My mother goes "charming" when she heard that. lol
HAHAH i LOLD.
your mum's funny.
and that girl was strange.
but i like her study methods.

HSC
our school was on the TV for business yesterday. was so gay, we finished the exam and they're like 'okay we need you to pretend to write now'. and it was then that i started thinking of all the inappropriate acronyms i used to memorise stuff:hammer:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)