y11 vs y12 bio? (1 Viewer)

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
I actually enjoyed that :0. Looking back, I really enjoyed learning bio in year 11.

Quick summary:
Local ecosystem - didn't like much. biomass pyramid bit was ok
Patterns in Nature - Liked all the cell functions and stuff, digestive system and how plants work
Life On Earth - Very interesting module. I'm into a lot of theories of evolution and what early Earth was like so I thought it was fun to do. Classifying part was useless
Evolution of Australian Biota - Not really interested in Australian fauna/flora. Liked the ways flowers reproduce.

Overall, not bad of a prelim syllabus. Much more interesting than the Physics syllabus.
I suppose that is okay.

TimTam94

HSC
Year 12!! It is far more interesting and a lot of fun to learn too..

carpe_diem

HSC
That is really making me consider choosing biology next year. I don't know why, but thanks :)
NOOOOO! It really isn't that bad. I actually did enjoy prelim bio, I just PREFER hsc bio. Like, I really enjoyed the last two topic of prelim bio. But only do Bio. if you enjoy it. It's one of my favourite subjects.

HSC= 100x better than Prelim. I still enjoyed the Preliminary course though, except that the HSC course is much more interesting and the content engages you.

Maintaining Balance = best part was dissecting the kidney imo and how the kidney works.
Blueprint= Punnett Squares!! Extremely fun imo
Search for Better Health= researching interesting diseases and antibiotic resistant bacteria (e.g. golden staph) etc is pretty fun. Liked the whole B-cell and T-cell stuff cus its like star wars happening in ur body.
Communication= heard theres a lot of dissection and more related to human body.

OVERALL, I enjoy the HSC Bio course right now. After going through the three main modules, you will realise how extremely mortal you are.
AHAHAHAHAHA!

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
Thanks everyone! I will consider doing biology when we make our subject selections this year :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)