xiaoie's guide to first yr sci subjets [and some advertising] (1 Viewer)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
xiaoie's guide to first yr sci subjets

ok first thing's first...
some of my feelin on first yr sci subjects... feel free to judge/comment/say it's bs... but it's very true to me...

diff calc is harder than linear algebra to me... linear is more like 3u and diff 4u...
in the final exam, diff calc can pull alot of hard core proving q's... but they r all quite logical and repetitive... so revise well and u need 40% of ur intelligence to actually do good in diff calc...

linear alg u need to do 2 things:
a) under stand
b) practice...
and mabye for the last q u will need some brains =p

chem, nothing much to talk abt...
make notes well, u'd pass final exam
quiz'es are pushovers, just make sure u do the "sample quiz", the actual quiz resemble 90% of the sample quiz...
lab's prolly wut's gonna drag u down if u r a nerd like me... practice makes perfect... make most of ur lab time to improve on ur skills...

phys can be a killer... 1st sem phys killed me...
well other external factors too, but alot pplz got lower than expected...
alot phys concepts are quite hard... make sure u know them, not just "ok i know it"...
again, asmts (at least last yr, they had asmts) r push overs... if u dun get 100% for asmts well...

now for the revision... if u r like me, haf a computer at hoem and messest room ever, and u can't possible study at home, there's a wonder place constructed throughout earth called library... it's full of nerdy pplz and reference books like silberberg (altho right before exam they tend to all "disappear")
usyd has awesome servies to stn... security buses run at the night, so u won't be afraid of bein rolled... there's a security bus stop right out side fisher...

edit: thx pplz.. it's sold now =)

cheers.. =)

Last edited:

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
hmmmmmmmmmmm....intresting stuff. But I need more info. I think I might ask u in person. I'll be in Fishing guy's library 10-11 am. If u feel like lecturing me, cia there....:D

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
not in buying........:D....Phys, Chem, Mafs, Bludging, Pulling feather off, ...etc...:p

Edit: If u've got useful notes from ur last year.I might consider paying for them in return for grabbing them from u.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
The lecture notes and textbook should be sufficient imo.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
The lecture notes and textbook should be sufficient imo.

I hope so...cuz I'm really crap [well, at least not good...cuz I had no practice] in making my own notes.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I think I'm just gonna stop taking notes in linear lectures cause I end up just writing what's in the book anyway.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
I think I'm just gonna stop taking notes in linear lectures cause I end up just writing what's in the book anyway.

ye...but his examples and proofs r a tad diff. he said it himself dat his from a diff field of mafs. If he continues to bring pre-written stuff, I'll stop coppying. Cuz I can't listen to him and copy all the stuff at the same time. But if he writes them there...I might still copy them.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
hey guys, plz do not let my effort go to vain... ask ur bio fwnds, see if they need a txt book or something...
she really need to sell the txt book before oxygen start to decompose it...

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
xiao1985 said:
hey guys, plz do not let my effort go to vain... ask ur bio fwnds, see if they need a txt book or something...
she really need to sell the txt book before oxygen start to decompose it...

I think one of my frends need a bio book. I'll talk to him and then let u knu. I tried to call him, but he seems to be not answering.

[Edit: I called him. He need a bio book. But he wants it for 90 bucks. I dunno if ur frend is going to accept that offer.]

Last edited:

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
LoneShadow said:
I think one of my frends need a bio book. I'll talk to him and then let u knu. I tried to call him, but he seems to be not answering.

[Edit: I called him. He need a bio book. But he wants it for 90 bucks. I dunno if ur frend is going to accept that offer.]
yeh thx guys =) i knowith the power of bos behind us we'd get this book sold =)

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
xiao1985 said:
yeh thx guys =) i knowith the power of bos behind us we'd get this book sold =)
ssssso...is S/he going to accept the offer?

btw xiaoie....is ur name by any chance Xiao Gui?...the chess playin dude?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
LoneShadow said:
ssssso...is S/he going to accept the offer?

btw xiaoie....is ur name by any chance Xiao Gui?...the chess playin dude?
wtf?! how'd u know?!! yeh i my name's xiao gui... did u see me at the out door blitz 2day?! =)

hm i doubt she can go for 90... it IS brand new...
i'd pm u after i post this =p

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
xiao1985 said:
wtf?! how'd u know?!! yeh i my name's xiao gui... did u see me at the out door blitz 2day?! =)

hm i doubt she can go for 90... it IS brand new...
i'd pm u after i post this =p

hahahaha...u're a cutie........:D............*just coppyignLMF*

I saw your name in the Newsletter and thoguth it might be u....:p

nah....I had a lecture then 2 hrs of prac from 2-5pm. But I'll see u on Monday hopefully. i won't be playing though...cuz my chess is very very rusty rite now. But I'll be there to watch u guys play. And btw...if that nerdy dude...Rej Tomekze...plays...I think he will kick everyone's ass.

Last edited:

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
LoneShadow said:
hahahaha...u're a cutie........:D............*just coppyignLMF*

I saw your name in the Newsletter and thoguth it might be u....:p

nah....I had a lecture then 2 hrs of prac from 2-5pm. But I'll see u on Monday hopefully. i won't be playing though...cuz my chess is very very rusty rite now. But I'll be there to watch u guys play. And btw...if that nerdy dude...Rej Tomekze...plays...I think he will kick everyone's ass.
u must!!!!

btw pplz, thx for concern... it's sold =p

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
I watched some of the outdoor blitz today, it was pretty crazy and full on. Hey Xiao were u the one playing against that chan dude (the guy who always talked after each round?)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Ultimate said:
I watched some of the outdoor blitz today, it was pretty crazy and full on. Hey Xiao were u the one playing against that chan dude (the guy who always talked after each round?)
yeh... he's hectic... he's the president of chess club... owned me good ... in both tournies =p

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
xiao1985 said:
yeh... he's hectic... he's the president of chess club... owned me good ... in both tournies =p

I reckon he cheats...he has probably implanted some super comp inside his head with Fritz 8 running on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)