WWI concepts (1 Viewer)

clerisy

HSC
I was just wondering how in depth everyone is looking at the concepts for WWI-- militarism, imperialism, nationalism/internationalism and peacemaking (which is one you've obviously got to know a bit in depth anyway so I don't really count that one). Especially imperialism-- because I know that was important pre-war, but what syllabus key features do you tie that in with???

Thanks.

Jennibeans

HSC
to be honest i haven't really looked at them - there's enough content in the key features to keep me busy for awhile!

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
the concepts are kinda covered in the content, i don't think you do it seperate

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
When we did World War I, we were required to write up a 1-2 page summary of each concept. Its basically a means of bringing together your knowledge acquired throughout the course content into broad categories, and thereby clarifying the inter-relations between events and 'facts'. I doubt you'd need to go beyond this in order to prepare for the HSC though. :)

<||~WiGgLe~||>

HSC Modern

I'll admit that, despite how much I enjoy history, I'm not terribly good at it. I took it as a HSC subject, mainly because I enjoy it and because it is supposed to compliment religious Studies and English, but I've now found that the main difference between Religion/English and Modern History, is that Modern requires you to be concise and direct, whereas the other subjects appreciate long winded and opinionated essays. I may be wrong, but that seems to be what my marks reflect. Has anyone got a good recipe for a history essay? How about anything I could mention that would make for good brownie points?

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Originally posted by Gregor Samsa
When we did World War I, we were required to write up a 1-2 page summary of each concept. Its basically a means of bringing together your knowledge acquired throughout the course content into broad categories, and thereby clarifying the inter-relations between events and 'facts'. I doubt you'd need to go beyond this in order to prepare for the HSC though. :)
yeah i think we only wrote out definitions, but we may of done that last year? i don't remember, they are not that big of thing though.

Style Bonus

Our teacher just gave us this handout with about a page on each of the '-isms' and said that it was all we really needed to know on them.

I'm not certain of how deeply in covers them, but I find it quite helpful.

HELP!

hey guys i gotta q 4 all u modern buffs,...
um ok,... im learnign about the papal peace note and my new teacher is stressing the fact that the papal peace note was a piece of propaganda but i cant seem to c how? ok i have found out about things that were happening arond the time of the plaaning of the note help!! is my teacher right and how?

KarmaKitten

HSC
You dont need to know the definition of those words. Just how they affected countries etc. the World War one section is pretty straightforward. Ive finished all my notes for that
im more worried about germany

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I spent a fair bit of time revising concepts last year but I really only revised them in the sense that I knew how those words related to the topic.

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
Yeah the WW1 topic really doesn't require you to know all the concepts in depth at all, Although it wouldn't hurt to know them really well. Concepts (eg militarism,communism etc.) are more important for your other 2 topics (National Study+ Intl Study in peace and conflict).
But don't stress too much over WW1, know your content well and practise doing Useful and Reliability exercises (ie Source Work) and you be fine for WW1. The WW1 section is really not too demanding and you should be looking to complete it under the suggested time, in order to leave more time for your other 2 sections, as they will require alot more effort.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)