ww1 question (1 Viewer)

nic

i am not sure about the dot point for britian the post war solider and civialian expectations of the government as a result of war

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
This is what I have in my summary:

Post war soldier and civilian (British) expectations of the government as a result of war experiences.

-Post war challenges
-Britains large overseas debt (especially to the USA), high inflation, higher taxation, rationing still required
-Housing shortage
-Not enough jobs for all the demobilized soldiers
-Medical treatment for many war injured
-Support for war widows and orphans needed
-Influenza epidemic in Europe late 1918 affected about 75% of the population
-People wanted the government to make Germany pay for the war.
-Lloyd George pledged to build A home fit for heroes, soldiers expected recognition of their sacrifice.
-Demobilization was well planned, but there were still some problems with men demanding to go home.
-Unemployment was a major problem
-Industrial chaos as workers sought improved wages and working conditions.
-Public wanted improvements in medical services because many veterans were injured or disabled after the war.
-Women wanted the right to vote after their contribution to the war effort. This wish was granted in 1918.
-Public education was an issue, but reforms in 1918 made improvements.

That's actually not very detailed or anything, but it might give you an idea of things to look for to expand on what I have there.... someone else might have more detailed stuff.

kdu

I know I sound stupid,, but does anyone know when specifically stalemate began?

I know it's after failure of Schliefflien Plan and then Battle of Marne, but are there any dates to when they started digging trenches? and Where?

Lolliana

basically by september 1814, trenches were already in place

i think by the end of 1914 there were over 40, 000 km of trenches

Lolliana

youe right the stalemate really was evident after the battle of the river marne

basically by september 1914, trenches were already in place

i think by the end of 1914 there were over 40, 000 km of trenches

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
after the Germans were stopped dead at the Marne, they started the "race to the sea" where each side tried to outflank the other, up towards the Channel Ports, by the end there were trenches from the Swiss Alps in the SOuth all the way up to the English Channel

the thing is, for WW1, thers only 10 marks u can earn by studying.. theres no point knowing heaps of detail, cos u get the Sources too.. its much more of a skill based section..

the national study IMO is the worst section.. 30 years of Russian history for 20 marks..

kdu

Thanks.. I was wondering how much I should study.. because I'm doing Germany for national study and I think I know it preetty well

BUt for WWI,, if I studied women, civilian and soldier expectations, trade and propaganda...do you think that's sufficient. I mean they're gonna ask in one of those areas ....

Unless, any of you have a guess?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)