WTB: IPT HSC notes.. someone who did well. Paying $$$$ (1 Viewer)

Cerebral

If you got a really good mark in the IPT HSC (Band 6) I'm interested in buying the notes you made/resources you used. Im doing it this year and need some study resources (although I'm doing pretty well so far).

Contact me via email: cerebral_assassin@optusnet.com.au

fatmuscle

HSC
well if they want to pay for my notes, then yeah, I wouldn't mind the extra ca$h

TheKey

HSC
the notes on that site are more then enough, i got 86 as my exam IPT mark and i never had any notes. In fact on the last day i read through someones notes on that site and that was it. The people that get 90+ usually make their own notes anyways, for IPT at least the information is easy to understand, its the way YOU summarise it for yourself that helps you rember it.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
how about u make ur own notes...its the best way to understand the syllabus......no one wud sell u their 1 yr hard work for some bucks...at least i wont...though i didnt get a band 6, i unfortunately ended up with 88...but id say ive the best ipt notes u can get!

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
because.....i think the paper was long.....i stuffed up 8 marks straight in TPS option......i had 6 minutes for that and i cud not recall a word....it happens....u'd know....well i hope u dont come in such a situation :).....im v disappointed with my mark....id say it was an easy paper....i still think i was fully prepared...i had every thing down pat...n my notes are the best!

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Originally posted by Cerebral
if you had the best notes you would have got band 6 :)
well u have no right to mean that i didnt have the best notes...well thats what it seems from what u have written......anything cud happen to u on the exam day...u cud have a head ache....mite not be feeling well.....or may be u stress too much,....id fit in the people who stress too much!!

Cerebral

u probably did hav the best notes. but as i once heard good notes are about 20% of it, intelligence around 80%. notes + intelligence = 100%. intelligence + no notes = 80%.. notes + no intelligence = 20% etc etc etc lol

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Originally posted by Cerebral
u probably did hav the best notes. but as i once heard good notes are about 20% of it, intelligence around 80%. notes + intelligence = 100%. intelligence + no notes = 80%.. notes + no intelligence = 20% etc etc etc lol

i hope u r not trying to offend me or anything.....well......to say the truth.....computers is my field.....my ipt teacher is proud of my knowledge and skills......well...if u mean notes r 20% and intelligence is 80%....then....if u buy some 1's notes....then u'd get above 20% hopefully...n the rest of the 80% lies on u....so it still DOES NOT gurantee a band 6.....well.....what ever band u get is just a description...it mite not apply to u....u cud just wing the exam or stuff it up....as i said before........it also depends how u r feeling on the day.......u still have to sit for the exam....
and i am studying computers in uni this year.....im quite passionate about computers..........

i have no doubts about my intelligence when it comes to computers.....i was 1st in every single assessment in ipt in 2 yrs (11 and 12)...in yr 11 i got 94 ....2nd was my sis who dropped ipt...n the person who was my competitor came 3rd with 78%...which is quite low compared to 94 :D

Last edited:

yc

lil_star: I'm not trying to offend you here but I'm afraid doing well in IPT does not increase your computer knowledge, perhaps using various apps but it does not make you good at computers....quite frankly generalising such a vast amount of different fields into one term "computers" shows lack of knowledge or lazyness. IPT is BASIC computer application, the rest is outdated theories. I don't know anything about you and thus I'm sure you're quite experienced with computers but IPT is not something you want to promote that experience with, even more so year12 IPT. I hope you ask/begin asking alot of questions about your Uni course so that you are not left with something different to what you expected. I have a friend in the same situation, applying for the same course, yet I know they will be quite suprised with the course. Maybe you have already researched and understood what's in the course, in which case best of luck, otherwise be careful :)

Cerebal: I used the notes on this website + textbooks to create my own notes, you'll find this to be the best method as you'll have the best answers infront of you, simply summarise them into something that is simplest for you to remember. If the texts begin to give different explanations (and they will) ask your teacher or on this board which is the more correct.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
yc: yes i understand that knowing IPT will does not reflect your computer skills/knowledge....but what i'm getting at is if you have an apptitude in computers it is quite easy to understand...ie IPT becomes quite self explanitory...while people who have no interest in computers such as 12/13 students of my class......people struggle......and yeah....i have throughly researched the course and I hope I'd enjoy it....i chose it carefully and btw 6 of my 9 preferences were IT and the rest 3 were engineering....so you can see where im coming from....im quite technical, analytical and of an enquring mind......and i wouldnt choose a degree without researching...Ofcourse I'd see what sub majors I do once I start the course....ie same with your point that computers are too vast :D.........Thanks.....what course are you doing yc??

yc

Ah yeah, I see where you were coming from now :) it's quite true, replicated in my IPT class. Well if you've researched the course then I'm glad you feel confident in it, you'd be suprised how many people just read the little blurb in the UAC and think they know what's in store.

Me, good old Comp Sci, was actually planning to head into an IT course at UTS but I changed my mind at the last second and chose Comp Sci at UNSW as UNSW is the only uni with a Digital Media course (1st pref), which to my suprise went up in UAI so I missed out by a bit :( session in Comp Sci then a transfer into Dig Media...unless 2nd round offers pull through but I'm not holding my breath, I highly doubt they'll be any more space in that course. Animation is my life, so eventually that's the road I'll take :D

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
i hope u get into wat u wanted to....btw what was ur uai? and what mark did u get in ipt? i ruled out unsw of my preferences as it is quite far away and im not too keen on ''travelling'' alot....yeah computer science goes more with software side ( u like animation).....but me i would prefer a leadership positon which i hope will be provided by my IT degree.....im a bit unsure....prolly BscIT did have a digital media sub major....if im correct.....i will make up my mind by the end of the year what sub majors/ electives i want to do......ive given Databases, IT management, E commerce, and Networking a bit of thought....but ofcourse it cant be readily told what will i like when i finish 1st year...

Good luck with ur preferences....and even if u dont get in u can always transfer!:)

yc

Yeah my Uni life will go according to plan, just take a year longer :)

If you're looking for leadership I'm pretty sure there is an IT + professional practice, that takes a more business related path when normal IT hits a few programming things, not to sure on the specifics otherwise it was basically the same as IT.

IPT - 92
UAI - 85

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
yc yeah i reckon its ok as long as you reach a set goal....also its commendable that u still are willing to do what u like even if ur uai is a bit lower.....at least u are doing something u have passion in....

i reckon IT industry will pick up and 2-3 yrs time there will be lack of IT professionals.....yeah IT + professional practice will give me an edge over people with just simple IT degrees and no work experience....thats why i didnt pick Usyd...its more software based as well as it has no work experience....i hope to KILL first year and the rest of the years too hopefully ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)