Wrong HSC Assessment Ranks (1 Viewer)

radiant.angel

HSC
Hey guys. I checked my ranks for my subjects today (i now realise that was really stupid) and i found that one of my ranks are wrong. You guys should go double check your ranks now, if you haven't done so already. Anyway, is there anything i can do now? I had no idea that there was a date by which you had to submit any errors, because the card thing we got in the mail didn't mention it.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
what rank did you get, were you 'tied' with anyone?

niloony

HSC
Are the ranks different from the what our schools told us just because the board doesn't allow equal ranks for their final calculations?

If so....Yippee!

Last edited:

radiant.angel

HSC
I was told i was 67/188, but studentsonline said i was 98/188. I'm not sure if i tied with anyone, but it is fairly likely...and i don't see any reason why equal ranks wouldn't be allowed.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Equal ranks are most certainly allowed.

If you believe your rank is wrong you need to contact your school but I suspect that the final date for that has past so I don't know what steps you can take.

stelmw02

HSC
the exact same thing happened to me when i checked it today. i've already checked it last week and it was the correct rank but when i checked it again today it was the wrong one (no idea why)- it went lower by one. i have emailed my teacher but i have no idea whats going to happen now since the final date for the rank review had passed.

wendybird

HSC
Are the ranks different from the what our schools told us just because the board doesn't allow equal ranks for their final calculations?

If so....Yippee!
I'm pretty sure the board DOES allow equal ranks - last year (I accelerated a subject) 3 people were on rank 1 on Assessment notice (myself included).

radiant.angel

HSC
stelmw02: it's most likely that someone found their rank was incorrect, and it has been changed since last week, and hence you've been shifted one rank.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
sigh this happened to me last yr, i think the teacher entered the wrong marks for another student and that student went ahead of me. I tripled checked with that student and we found that I am suppose to be ranked ahead. I went to tell the teacher and he said the mark he had on record is different to what the student said.

In the end I just nodded my head and left. All the assessments were handed back so unless I can convince the other student to dig everything back up and prove it, which was against her favour, then there's nothing else I could do.
In the end I got an assessment mark much lower than my HSC mark, it was bitter but o well...
btw the board of studies calender will tell you the last date of appeal. It should be over by now..

wendybird

HSC
^ oh what a bummer chewy :angry:

I hope it didn't affect the UAI too badly and you still got into your choice course.

Finx

HSC
This happened to me two weeks ago. The teacher accidentally submitted a score of 7 instead of 77 for my subject mark. Had to get it sorted ASAP =/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)