writing (1 Viewer)

ninipop

HSC
in the intro for the essay on imaginative journeys, do you name all your texts briefly, or just sum them up in general without naming them specifically?

Last edited:

kaylz

HSC
It depends on what you want to do, but my teacher always says to name specifically.

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
never underestimate your intro and conclusion.
in your introduction you should introduce and name all your texts specifically and state the themes you plan to discuss. this really helps the markers to see where your essay is heading.
the body should obviously expand on all these.
conclusion should restate the themes again (and texts if you want, although not as important) in a fresh, new way, so the marker can see how it all links for one last time. a conclusion can either make or break an essay, my teacher says, and i totally agree. you can even pre-write the conclusion while you still have time, then slip it in at the end. :)

Lorie

HSC
your introduction is essential to the essay.

You need to breifly address the question and discuss the themes that your essay will build your case either for or against the question. You also need to introduce your texts and it is part of case in answering the question.

From this introduction you should expand on the themes throughout the body of the essay and draw to a conclusion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)