Writing your name in section III (1 Viewer)

Fuzzy Juzzy

have a cigar
HSC
SamTheMacMan said:
Why would you be scared about people knowing your real name?.....
Because people like you appear so interested in it!

Not really. It's just good Internet practice, right? I'm not scared, it's just what I do.

zingerburger

HSC
But think about it. What if they publish your response as an exemplar answer? Then all the students next year will be all like, "Whoa, this "J.L." guy is way uber at Business Studies. I'm going to plagiarise his answer now."

cazcazcaz

HSC
i didnt name my consultany company either.
if the markers come across anything that appears to be someones name they are expected to put a black line through it and mark it as if it wasnt there (says our teacher who is a HSC marker)

roryamon

HSC
N/A
Fuzzy Juzzy said:
I accidently wrote my name without thinking. I presented my consultancy company as "My Name Consultancy" (obviously my real life name which I'm not going to divulge here, not the words "my name").

Any major problems with this? I'm not going to get zero, right?
Bad move. The Board of Studies don't like this as it change markers perceptions. Typically this kind of thing, draws a 20% penalty of the awarded mark, however, the marrking centre has a certain amount of discretion with this and may overlook it.

It all depends on whether the marker reports the misconduct.

Fuzzy Juzzy

have a cigar
HSC
roryamon said:
Bad move. The Board of Studies don't like this as it change markers perceptions. Typically this kind of thing, draws a 20% penalty of the awarded mark, however, the marrking centre has a certain amount of discretion with this and may overlook it.

It all depends on whether the marker reports the misconduct.
Where'd you get such a statistic from?

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
(using a friend's account, i am not ahen)

They won't deduct marks. You are a business company. For all they know, the markers could think that the name you put down was made up and several people would of put down 'fake company's' or even real ones.

BTW roryamon. Naming yourself in an exam won't change the markers perceptions. While teachers mark the exam, they make sure that your center number won't be from the same school as the teacher came from.

Last edited:

angelique455

HSC
Don't worry you won't get zero. I was reading an essay from the student answers books from pervious years and i came across an essay that has these large crosses on a word; presumably someone's name. So please don't worry about it. As long as you answered the question it should be fine.

maffio

HSC
We were actually taught to put our names as a consultant so naturally i also did that. U wont get penalised for it.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)