• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Writing Fast - crash course :D (1 Viewer)

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
I could do that easily, assuming all 1600 words were monosyllabic.
i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i ...?

hipPo3

HSC
Also .. ur sitting posture shouldnt be slouched and leaning closer to the paper .. it strains ur back and plus ur writing will get messier ..
try writing with a comfortable position that doesnt put too much strain on the other body parts.

Sugar

HSC
MuffinMan said:
nothing beats the flexgrip ultra...
Yeah, agreed. Especially the clicky one. I have one in medium and one in fine, and I'm hoping the medium one won't die on me tomorrow.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Meldrum said:
I'm typing. So two words every three seconds is a breeze.
My practice AOS Section II was 1800 in 40 mins.
I wish i could type :(. I could get two words in one second. Instead, im one of those people who can only write about 800 words in 4ominutes :( Screw this.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Tips for writing fast:

- Good, smooth pen
- something underneath your booklet so you aren't writing with the desk straight under your paper
- hold the paper steady with your other hand
- PRACTICE (as the exam is tommorow, this of course, is not possible)

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Under your writing booklet. Its an 8 page booklet, so by the time you get to page 6 or so the surface is becoming hard = harder to write, so shove part of the exam that you aren't using at the time underneath the writing booklet.

tempco

HSC
wow, the first useful hsc thread in the past 6 hours.

and ujuphleg covered most of it too.

SlipStream

HSC
ujuphleg said:
Tips for writing fast:

- Good, smooth pen
- something underneath your booklet so you aren't writing with the desk straight under your paper
- hold the paper steady with your other hand
- PRACTICE (as the exam is tommorow, this of course, is not possible)
Huh? I said the exact opposite! :p I find that with just the desk underneath there's less resistance (rather than be pressing into a few millimetres of paper, you're writing on a hard surface) so you need less effort to write and your hand doesn't get as fatigued. The only benefit for me is that my handwriting is a little bolder so it'd be marginally easier for the marker to read.

I said that because I move my keyboard out of the way and use my large computer desk as a study platform and found it's just easier to do it that way. But I guess the surface of the desk is important as well. Well whatever everyone is comfortable with is all that matters. :)

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
I used to write about 2 and a half HSC Booklets for Section III of the Area of Study, so that was my personal tip.

But you are right, everyone has their different opinions. Some people swear by writing straight on top of the desk....

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
LOL. Awesome example. I dont think it'd even get picked for an example of a Band 1/2 essay.

Buffy 97-03

HSC
i really thought this thread would turn into a 'pen of choice' thread.
Mines a pilot medium ballpoint btw :D

tempco

HSC
Schroedinger said:
Decent Pen. Decent Posture. Stream of Consciousness.

Keep in mind however, even if these people are purporting to write 1599999999 words per microsecond, it's the quality of the work not the quantity. I could write 'In huck finn we see huck do stuff because he does it because twain is using some supar cool teknike because that's what he does when he does this thing and he does it as he does other things because like, that's what twain does. he like approaches it from different angles and huck does things because twain makes him do them.'

Lots of words. Utter shite.
it's a balance. most band 6 essays have more words than band 4/5 essays.

technoHarmony

nnnnnnnn
HSC
Buffy 97-03 said:
i really thought this thread would turn into a 'pen of choice' thread.
Mines a pilot medium ballpoint btw :D
lets turn it in to one :p

kilometrico all the way :D supposedly can write up to a kilometer!!!

chensta

HSC
N/A
its a stupid marketing ploy, who actually knows how long a conventional pen writes? probably 1 kilomter, or more :D

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
Look this is actually pretty stupid. Everyone has different writing speeds and can express themselves in different ways. You write 900 words, under the whole HSC atmosphere say that drops to 800... so what? 800 words to answer 1 question about texts your studied and know inside out isn't that daunting. You don't need to write 1,500 words, because chances are you'll plunge into the "retelling" trap and screw up anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)