writing answers in dot points (1 Viewer)

jpk

are u allowed to write in dot points???

EG.
for feasibily study points that i would......
-economical: .....

-time:......

-organisational:.....

etc

TheKey

HSC
hope so, i did it like that, and made a paragraph on each one later.

Adam

HSC
I wrote like my whole exam in dot points, much easier.

The examiners even said its fine to write in any form, including dot points.

geez85

i did that in my trials. totally got screwed over. i knew my stuff n every n finished in 1 hour. ended up gettin 43% so i hope ur right

Viper

HSC
If you guys have a look at the performance band descriptors, you will find that to gain a band 6, you must have 'excellent communication skills'. This includes writing in a detailed sequence and not using dot points... I tried to debate it aswell, but its the performance band descriptor, so i have conformed to it...

It was very tempting to answer in dot points for things like the feasibility.

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Using dot points is fine unless you didn't overuse them. You definitely have to write structured sentences/paragraphs in some questions, it depends on the verb they use.

Identify, describe, discuss, outline.. these all require you to elaborate your answers, not just list them. Contrary to this, if a question requires you to use dot points, it will ask you to list your ideas.

All of the questions in the exam required sentences, except possibly Question 24, (c) which asked you to briefly describe.. you could possibly get away with nothing but dot points here. Possibly.

*tasha*

I kind of learnt my lesson after the trials not to write in dot points and to ensure that I wrote in full sentences to explain myself a little clearer. Kind of helped me for every subject too.

I'm not too sure whether there's a right or wrong because I know for a fact that when I was writing in dot points, I seemed to be able to get a lot more logical, yet short, answers.

craz

HSC
that's strange! my teacher encourages us to write in dot points and he said it makes it easier so he was like going do it in point form. i hope they dont get fussy over that :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)