Writing an essay on conflicting perspectives? (1 Viewer)

acousticbeats7

HSC
This module right now is probably one of my weakest.

I'm really confused on how to structure an essay where I'm supposed to present each point with another that conflicts, as well as having a whole thesis and etc on cfs in general. I kinda feel like I'm doing 4 points when I'm doing two points/ideas/chunky paragraphs. Any tips or ideas with essay structure and what the main/broad idea of it should be?

nightweaver066

HSC
The way i tackled this module was considering Shakespeare's purpose in using conflicting perspectives - for what agenda? What is he trying to communicate? Is he trying to comment on humanity? Does he just want to make a character seem richer? Is he exploring the idea of power? What is he saying about it?

By the way, you don't have to discuss conflicting perspectives simply among characters. You can also talk about how your perspective conflicts with what you think Shakespeare is trying to say. You can talk about a character's inner conflict, i.e. Brutus.

So in the introduction, you present your thesis surrounding conflicting perspectives, answer question and intro the texts.

In your body paragraphs, first you should do is bring in your line of argument. For what purpose does the composer use conflicting perspectives? Then outline what they are and why they exist. Now you go in to your analysis exploring the conflicting perspectives that support your line of argument.

I hope this helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)